Sonic Electronix

I recently got a good deal, and purchased two Pioneer Premier PRS-D1200SPL according two the online manual... this amp uses a 200anl fuse.

The Kicker Amp Kit I Have came with a 300 ANL fuse.. my question is now.. is if i use the 300 ANL fuse instead of getting the recommended 200ANL fuse will this cause any substantial damage the amp...there are no stupid questions right?

1118584504_21857f5cbb_o.png

bassaddictal4.jpg

2265859165_8b0974563b_o.jpg

Guest MegaloManiac

um use a 200a fuse. 300a thats an extra 100amps of current. a fuse is to protect the amp. youd be absolutely stupid to use a 300a fuse on an amp that requires a 200a fuse

edit: are we talking about the fuse on the amp or the wire? if we are talkin bout the wire(1/0awg) 300a fuse on wire is fine, that fuse is to protect wire from fire, amp should have own fuses

Edited by MegaloManiac

um use a 200a fuse. 300a thats an extra 100amps of current. a fuse is to protect the amp. youd be absolutely stupid to use a 300a fuse on an amp that requires a 200a fuse

edit: are we talking about the fuse on the amp or the wire? if we are talkin bout the wire(1/0awg) 300a fuse on wire is fine, that fuse is to protect wire from fire, amp should have own fuses

Sorry, I should have stated the fuse on the wire... :blush:

1118584504_21857f5cbb_o.png

bassaddictal4.jpg

2265859165_8b0974563b_o.jpg

Megalo always makes me feel offended :(

LOL don't feel like that. the suggested ANL fuse is the min. fuse for the amps wiring that is all like Megalo stated its in case the power wire shorts out you can also look at it like this with the 300 amp fuse any add ons or upgrades you won't have to upgrade the fuse