TIG Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 I have a dc xl 15 in my 04 grand prix. Im firing the sub and port into the car and I am getting some cancellation. When my trunk is opened it sound way better than closed. I was told the only way to fix the problem is to seal the box off from the trunk. Im not sure what this consists off and would like some insight. I was told the best way would be to use foam but I want this to look nice. So any help will be appreciated. pic of enclosure Since were all having a moment of truth. I hate country too.. I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.
TIG Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 I went out and got some duct tape and started sealing shit up to see if I could fix the issue by sealing off the trunk. I was able to seal up a lot of the leak but I found a huge leak in my rear deck, the entire rear deck is mad up of a shit load of holes. So Im gonna deaden the entire rear deck to get rid of all the air leak. Im pretty stoked because I think I can get away with not foaming everything. Im gonna deaden everything I can to help out and on the sides of the box Im gonna use a thin piece of board and some weather stripping. Hope all this work is worth it but I know for sure that its leaking from the rear deck. I had the trunk opened and put a plastic bag near the top of the box and it rattled like a mofo not so much on the sides. Hopefully this will be a win for me lmao Since were all having a moment of truth. I hate country too.. I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.
IH8PunkRok Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 when i sealed off my rear deck i used cardboard, silicone and duct tape to fill all the holes. worked pretty well -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
TIG Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 deadner should work also shouldnt it? Since were all having a moment of truth. I hate country too.. I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.
Azagtoth502 Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 To cover the holes? Sure. pa-pa-platypus sorry not everybody has a companies nuts so far down their throat they catch every drop ball sweat when it falls
IH8PunkRok Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 of course -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
TIG Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 Are the holes that my 6/9s in gonna cause me issues? Since were all having a moment of truth. I hate country too.. I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.
n8ball2013 Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 When i did my malibu i used the foam that they use to seal around the air conditioners its worked well and held up and it matches pretty well the color of my trunk. you can kinda see it in this pic THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
IH8PunkRok Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 Are the holes that my 6/9s in gonna cause me issues? if speakers are in them then its fine. if not, cover them -Matt2005 Dodge Magnum RTJVC KD-AVX1 2 PPI S580.2 Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters PRV 8MB450s Audio Legion 3500.1D 2 RE MT 18s 360 ah LiFePO4 BatterySHCA 2/0 155.2 @ 29 hzKicker CVR 15's buildDD 3512e buildMini T-Line Build(6) 8s BuildNightshade 15s Wall BuildMagnum AB XFL 12s BuildNewest Magnum Build
TIG Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 good lookin out on that. I was trying to think of a good way to seal around my box and I dont have a huge spot as you can see in my pic. I think that foam would work great. Also how in the hell could I be leaking in the deck when my box is sealed off from the deck? Is it coming bounding around in the car then coming down through the deck? Since were all having a moment of truth. I hate country too.. I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.