Second Skin Audio

Spectrum or Spectrum Sludge question.

I want to get a few gallons of the Spectrum to use as a rock guard on the bottom 10" of my white vehicle body. I was wondering if it can be color coated to match and what product would be best for doing this the sludge or regular. I also want to spray or roll on some in the back hatch and floor of my blazer. Any idea of how much i would need for a few layers? thanks

blazr2.png

Enclosure coating also?

Edited by Bumpindemlowzz

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

i woudl call up ss and see if they have any of the white firewall left. probably not but that would probably be the best situation

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

For this application I would suggest going with Spectrum and either roller it on or spray it on (of course masking would need to be done). I was able to use a a fairly large (2mm) tip with an HVLP gun and it produced a very smooth finished surface. So that is always a pliability (you may need to thin the Spectrum down a little bit for it to flow through the gun).

As for painting over Spectrum, not a problem. You just need to allow it to fully cure. An adhesion promotor or primer never hurts.

Like Emp suggested, Firewall would be a good solution because it's pure white, but I don't remember the last time they had any in stock.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

For this application I would suggest going with Spectrum and either roller it on or spray it on (of course masking would need to be done). I was able to use a a fairly large (2mm) tip with an HVLP gun and it produced a very smooth finished surface. So that is always a pliability (you may need to thin the Spectrum down a little bit for it to flow through the gun).

As for painting over Spectrum, not a problem. You just need to allow it to fully cure. An adhesion promotor or primer never hurts.

Like Emp suggested, Firewall would be a good solution because it's pure white, but I don't remember the last time they had any in stock.

so i cant go to a autobody shop and have it colorcoded to vehicle? Darn

2010 Silverado

18" DC XL 18

DC 2k

XS Power Batts

so i cant go to a autobody shop and have it colorcoded to vehicle? Darn

Spectrum can not be color coded. No matter how much pigment you pump into the Spectrum base, it will never be white, sorry.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png