Do amps make a difference in sq?

tonedeaf

it's funny because right now I'm using a fricken cobalt orion after selling my old stuff. so a retarded colored amp with weird heatsink made in the early 1990's

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Lmao, hell I have 5 total LP's, 4 Zapcos, 4 1st gen Soundstreams in that blue gray color, 3 us amps, 2 blown Tru Technology Sledgehammers, and 3 Arc Se amps, and a bunch of misc amps that have no writing on them, not sure what they are!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I've always wanted to run my subs off some sledgehammers but never found any when I had the cash. I'll either get a zuki or go back to mcintosh when I get a new frontstage amp

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

still cleaner than my DD I'm running now I bet, I'm running type r's so no need for clean mono power right now anyway

mcintoshsigz.png

Solid clean mid 150's on music @ 38 htz hit 161.3 strapped at 48 htz, used the car as a daily! Still have the subs too, they look almost identical to some FI subs minus the woven tinsel leads!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

I don't think I ever heard any of those just remember hearing the name from forums back in the early 2000's

mcintoshsigz.png

Yep amps make a diffrence in sq.

The most posts in this thread are brand nuthugging, including my own posts. Sorry about that.

Diffrences in sound of amps is mostley from the diffrent classes of amps, Class A, Class B, Class AB, Class D, Class E, Class G, Class H.

Sorry im not able to explain the diffrent electrical buildups of each class.

For the most and for your budget is a class AB amp the right choice. Class A can be better than class AB and if im right same with class H, but them

out of your pricerange.

The qualitydiffrence in diffrent class AB amps, comes from the selection and matching/selection of electronic modules.

For your budget, is the chance to get a used high(er) selected amp, like from all the called higher brands in this thread.

The real hearable diffrence is than, like G-Skillz said the choice of RCA. In a following row from crap-->better standart RCA-->physical correct builded

RCA (50 $ and up per foot) to highend RCA. Its realy good to hear if you use a physical correct builded RCA. I had a good imagination with physical correct builded RCA, in this case was hit "Kimber PBJ" in homehifi. I bought 2 feet of the Kimber PBJ and imagine that my homehifi sounds a real class

better. Brought that cable to the friend to test and check on his homehifi, and the cable stayed since this in my friends house.

If anyone is here on the forum, and i hope so, who can explain the diffrend Classes of amptechnology. Would be nice if you can create a pinned-thread in the SQ-section.

"in the abundance of water, the fool is thirsty" Bob Marley

Archived