How much does a HU matter? Sony?

Sony sucks lol

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

• 3 weeks later...

So I'd rather not start a new thread. But the HU I was planning to get got discontinued so now I'm down to 3 HU's. Which of these do you think is best? Anyone have personal experience with either? I'm looking to spend a MAX of $130, so please dont recommend a HU unless its better than the listed for the $$$.

So far I'm leaning towards the Kenwood. And in 2nd place is the DEH-4300UB.

Kenwood KDC-348U:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_113KDC348U/Kenwood-KDC-348U.html?tp=5684&nvpair=FFFree_Installation_Kit%7c%5brank1%5dYes

Pioneer DEH-3200UB:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1303200UB/Pioneer-DEH-3200UB.html?tp=5684&tab=review

Pioneer DEH-4300UB:

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_1304300UB/Pioneer-DEH-4300UB.html?tp=5684

Just find a good used alpine, pioneer, clarion or kenwood. Some people like JVC I think? No experience with them though. Just search through the for sale section or make a wtb post. I've sold the 3 extra head units I had laying around.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

When I bought my CDA-105 it was $250! :facepalm:

The price just dropped like a rock after that. Im so pissed at Alpine.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Haha this is my backup but I dont like the layout of the CDA-105.

I'd also rather not buy used for the HU.

What do you mean? I have no complaints about mine. Works beautifully.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I was going to get a Sony HU for my build. This one is 99$

Sony gt550ui

I've heard good reviews on it, + it has a USB and AUX port so you should be good.

I use it right now. If you make sure DM+ is off, you will be fine. I LOVE my Sony's. Used a GT54 up until about a month ago (kinda my fault :pardon: ) but my GT550 is working great. I just run the front full-range into a Clarion EQ, and it takes over from there. Other than that, the headunit works great for $99. I'm probably going to get a second one for my van...

Sony sucks lol

And your proof? Their speakers may not be up to par with what most people have, but if you use them right, they do what you need. Never had a problem with any H/U's, amps work fine if you use them right & try not to push them past their limits, just like every other amp.

POTATO!

I'm kinda stuck between the kenwood and the alpine I dont like the alpine face layout. CD player is behind the face and it doesnt have an AUX or USB input. And I mainly listen to my ipod. I dont want to mount the cable through the glove box like I think it suggests. Only think that appeals to me about the alpine is the 4volt preamp outs. and I heard that wont be such a bid deal either way.

I'm kinda stuck between the kenwood and the alpine I dont like the alpine face layout. CD player is behind the face and it doesnt have an AUX or USB input. And I mainly listen to my ipod. I dont want to mount the cable through the glove box like I think it suggests. Only think that appeals to me about the alpine is the 4volt preamp outs. and I heard that wont be such a bid deal either way.

I never use CD's but the face flips down and you can load it up really fast. Its not a big deal at all. Controlling the Ipod through the head unit is just like using the real thing. The only thing it you have two really take your eyes off the road to change songs. :peepwall:

O and I drive a full size truck so getting to the stereo is kind of a big reach.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Archived