Second Skin Audio

how many sheetsim

im building a box for 2 15" AQ SDC and i was wondering how many 4'x8' sheets of 3/4" mdf i would need with all of these dimensions

top - 36'' x 18''

bottom - 36'' x 18''

left - 15.5'' x 16.5''

right - 15.5'' x 16.5''

front - 36'' x 15.5''

back - 36'' x 15.5''

ide figure it out myself but i dont wanna mess up im pretty sure itll take 2 though

Edited by HotRodHam

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200

I would do two to be safe. You dont want to run out when you are almost done. Dont forget about the port pieces too. It doesnt look like you included them.

Plus if you dont use the second piece you can return it. Better safe than sorry.

Edited by blownengine

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I didn't think of port, only because the box type wasn't specified. He asked for specific cuts, and I laid them out. The cuts he listed can be cut from one sheet. Doesn't leave any room for oops cuts though.

Yea I don't know about him, but I make alot of oops cuts.......

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I have access to a custom kitchen cabinet line. I just have them cut my stuff on their CNC machine. My current box (11 ply birch 3/4" plywood, cut to my specifications) ran me about $60. Well worth it to me since I didn't have to rip a full sheet of plywood down. Not my most favorite task.

reason i dint have port dimensions is cuz ima use aero ports. but the lumber shop im getting my wood from cuts it for me for an extra 5 bucks so i dont have to worry bout oops cuts. cuz if they mess up thats their fault. but idk if i should seal it at the trunk or not... cuz idk when subs start getting louder. someone said after a certain amount of power but i know for sure 2 type rs sound way louder facing back so idk... and yes ik type rs r only 600 rms each...

18" Sundown Zv4 D2
JL 1000/1 V1
XS Power D3200