Sonic Electronix

Pictures

Okay, for the first one, its 0 common port walls. As you can see, the port is in the middle of the box...the port has all four walls on its own, and shares no common walls with the actual box. (Please note, this particular box has an external port to it. 0 port walls has nothing to do with the fact that the port extends past the outer wall of the port...its just the way this particular box was made.)

0portwalls.jpg

Now, for 1 Common port wall. As you can see, like the OP's box, the port share one of its walls with the wall of the box. But, as for the other three, the port has its own walls.

1portwall.jpg

And for two, the same deal...the port shares 2 walls with the actual box, and it has two of its own walls.

2portwalls.jpg

Now, for the most common, its 3 common port walls. Ussually the easiest b/c it allows the biggest port with the most port area, and requires less wood, glue, and screws to construct. But as you can see, the top, bottom, and one side of the port is shared with the box, and the left wall of the port is all its own.

3portwalls.jpg

I hope this helped you out guys.

Edited by BakermanINC

mivtCK.png

Yes that box design is fine, If you have a router you can round the corners of the pieces. Or even sandpaper will do, it will just take longer.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Thanks Baker! now I understand. And I definitly calculated a box or four wrong......oops. Well at least they arnt in my car. :peepwall:

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Yes that box design is fine, If you have a router you can round the corners of the pieces. Or even sandpaper will do, it will just take longer.

Oh well since my girl works at harbor freight i go in there get my tool i need to use go home use it and give it right back for full refund :peepwall:

Router rounds off the wood. What the hell cuts the circles i forgot the name :peepwall:

Also maybe adding two layers of 45s to each corner just cause i dont want cubic feet right now lol

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Oh well since my girl works at harbor freight i go in there get my tool i need to use go home use it and give it right back for full refund :peepwall:

Router rounds off the wood. What the hell cuts them i forgot the name :peepwall:

Also maybe adding two layers of 45s to each corner just cause i dont want cubic feet right now lol

A saw?

Just make the box smaller if you want to cut down cubic feet.

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Router rounds off the wood. What the hell cuts them i forgot the name :peepwall:

A saw?

Just make the box smaller if you want to cut down cubic feet.

I llike the numbers and the size of the box. so i want to keep that. but i meant what cuts the circle?

WOULD two dc lvl 3 15s work fine in an enclosure of around 6.5 cuft inverted???

ALSO to blown engine. I figured the equation 3 inches with the height being 1.5 inches and comes out 2.25 inches how would i go from there? lol

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Are you using 3 as the hypotenus or one of the legs of the triangle?

And that box sounds good for 2 15's

Edited by blownengine

Big 3 with Yellow Top

Hypotenus. actually re did it and remeasured i forgot it was 3/4 inch so hypotenuse is 4.5 inches and height being 2 1/4 inch

Edited by Winn

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

And that box sounds good for 2 15's

Even if i did turn the subs around to normal would it still sound decent? trying to make it where it is sorta universal working both ways inverted and normal

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Ok. The one day I dont bring home a calculator. Im roughyl doing these calculations.

A triangle with a hypotenuse of 3 will have legs with lengths of roughly 2.1 in. (Sin(45)*3)

So (.5*2.1)*2.1= roughly 2.205 for the area of that triangle.

So to find out how much area the 45 takes up multiply that number (2.205) and multiply it by how long the 45 piece will be.

EDIT: you switched the numbers on me. Now this is wrong.

Edited by blownengine

Big 3 with Yellow Top