Sundown Audio

Need an amp

Thanks for all of the input guys. As of right now it's a three way tie for the amp. They tie consists of: American Bass VFL 80.1, AQ 1200D, and DC 1.2K. I got a price quote on the DC and it's a just a tad out of my price range, so if it is really worth the extra I will get it. Please give me input on if it is worth the extra money. I have never used AQ or DC amps and I have an American Bass four channel amp that I love, so I know they have good products. Thank you for the input guys.

"If you're new. Stay away from 4000 watts please." C-Fizzy

Ask any of the DC reps or anyone who runs DC amps.. I've heard nothing but good things, but that's just what I've read, not from personal experience. I've had bad experience with AQ amps. Not saying they're a bad brand, but my good friend and I have both used them and had light dimming problems and had issues with the amps going into protect mode. My buddy finally bought a second battery, and I switched to some RF amps.. pricey but reliable. just my 2 cents

I switched to some RF amps.. pricey but reliable.

You nailed the pin on the head. I wouldn't mind running RF but as you said, pricey. And I have read a lot about the DC amps, I have also seen some negative things on AQ. So I guess it's still a toss up. More input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

What negative have you heard about AQ?

(SwaggerWagon): "I've had bad experience with AQ amps. Not saying they're a bad brand, but my good friend and I have both used them and had light dimming problems and had issues with the amps going into protect mode."

(SwaggerWagon): "I've had bad experience with AQ amps. Not saying they're a bad brand, but my good friend and I have both used them and had light dimming problems and had issues with the amps going into protect mode."

:rofl::lol::orly3:

sounds like they didnt have the electrical to back it up,

thats not amp issues

AQ is a very good brand

i love my AQ2200D

but out of those three, all will get the job done

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

:rofl::lol::orly3:

sounds like they didnt have the electrical to back it up,

thats not amp issues

AQ is a very good brand

i love my AQ2200D

but out of those three, all will get the job done

Well on that note... Sounds like a need a three sided coin...