Second Skin Audio

What would be good replacement 12" subs

I have a 99 Chrysler Concorde with a sealed box for 2 12" subs. I want to replace the AudioBahn Special edition subs I have in there and wanted to put 2 subs that can fully use my amp.

I am running a Quantum Audio QB1500D amp that could push out 1500 watts at 2 ohms stable.

The local audio store keeps telling me that the best sub they have ever seen and would be the best for me is the Diamond Audio D3-12.

I would really like to find out from people who have actually been through a lot of the subs and have the experience and have filtered through crappy subs.

What I am looking for is a sub that is about 800 watts max at 4 ohms so when i wire them I can get 2 ohms out of them.

If you're not familiar with the QB1500D amp it will not run any lower than 2 ohms. It is designed to shut down if you try and run anything lower than 2.

Please help. Your advise is greatly appreciated.

Ditch the quanum audio amp as for diamond d3 idk much about. How much are u paying for it? May be able to get a much better sub for less or around the same price

www.wooferwarehouse.com

Max ratings are bull, disregard them completely. When picking a subwoofer/amplifier to match up, you want to look at RMS ratings. You also want to look at impedence levels. The amplifier you are currently using is a class AB amp. I cannot find any information as to if it does rated or not, but the prices I've seen on it suggest that it does not. I would sell the amplifier, then give us a budget so we can find a amp/sub combo that will be right for you. :D

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived