MISS KATE's s10 dropped and droppin!! NEW PIX page 5!!!

It's likely going to be application dependent on the box -- for instance DD suggests 0.75 to 1.25 cubes (1.0 is listed as optimal) for their 1508 where we suggest a maximum volume of 0.75 for our SA-8 and most people used about 0.6 or so for them.

I think most if not all of the clients I've spoken to that have swapped woofers and gained with the SA-8 have had a very small box; which is not what DD suggests for their sub but is what we suggest for ours.

I'm interested to see if Ric has time to do a bit more testing also with clamped power 8) 8) 8)

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I was going off the listed price from SSA for the sa-8 and then the price I paid direct from DD for my 1508s. its not much more than the sa-8 is.

this is true... but I only posted what MSRP is on the subs... prices of the subs will likely vary depending on the dealer.

It's likely going to be application dependent on the box -- for instance DD suggests 0.75 to 1.25 cubes (1.0 is listed as optimal) for their 1508 where we suggest a maximum volume of 0.75 for our SA-8 and most people used about 0.6 or so for them.

I think most if not all of the clients I've spoken to that have swapped woofers and gained with the SA-8 have had a very small box; which is not what DD suggests for their sub but is what we suggest for ours.

I'm interested to see if Ric has time to do a bit more testing also with clamped power 8) 8) 8)

I will slap together a .75 box for the sa8 if that is what you would like... what do you want it tuned to? and preference on small or large port area?

I will slap together a .75 box for the sa8 if that is what you would like... what do you want it tuned to? and preference on small or large port area?

Ric,

Most of our customers use about 0.6-0.75 tuned to 35 Hz with about 12 in^2 or so for daily applications. Most customers run 2 or more units as well as it's kind of hard to get the port in the box for just one *laughs* For SPL apps we've found big ports work well -- Sean's box gained 1 dB from a 4" port to a 6" port but length isn't super practical for a daily box.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

Thank you for doing this testing! Also thank you for using the test vehicle that you used, been wondering for a long time how some of these would sound in my truck. What kind of numbers do you think 3-4 of those would do in there? ;)

Loving these comparison vids/threads that are poppin up these days.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sundown FTMFW!!! Damn near a 150 on one SA8... hummmmm wonder how 4 would do in a bronco?

Working on my 93' Ford Bronco rebuild:

I have:
pioneer AVH-P6500
Infinity Reference 6032SI fronts
Infinity Reference 6832CF Rears

Crescendo CZ 6.5 kicks

Crescendo 1100.4

(2) DC Audio LvL 4 M2's

(1) Juicebox Blackcherry
Piece together amps & wiring

Bout to get:
Crescendo Amps

Crescendo Mids

Crescendo Tweets

Sky High Car Audio Wire

Rockford Fosgate 360.2 or .3

My Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/97426-93-ford-bronco-rebuild-full-system-body-paint/

well I got slammed the last two days so didn't get to build another box... but while waiting for a customer tonight I dropped the sa8 back in the spl box and tossed it in my dodge ram quad cab... quite a larger space than the s10. lol... I have a single Powerbass xa3000d in there, sooooo...

my truck has two peaks... 35 and 60. lol.... so this box tuned at 45 peaked at 46 in the truck... not exactly where the truck gets excited at and it did a 143.1 then the surround ripped :( with jacobs permission I will reglue it and try again... lol this time in the s10. :) my truck is tough for spl though... a SMD 18" on the same amp in a music box tuned to 32hz did a 148.8 in there... HOWEVER, after the sa8" went up i tossed a DD3515 in there for fun and cranked out a 149.2dB... was fun. :) did it about 10 times too. hahaha then the customer got here and the fun was over...

I do like the sa8" though... good tough sub...

Archived