meh why so defensive, nothing I saw is out of the the ordinary. hell I've gotten psi recones with the wrong spiders on them. I'd be more likely to order from the guy with little to little glue than the one that lied about spider count and only used 3 screws

Both Ken and Tavis did a horrible glue job.

However the reason I chosed Tavis aka Resko1 is due to the fact that these woofers lasted longer they took a couple burps, 2 bassrace runs, and some demo time, and a slightly louder bass race score about a db difference. He also only rated his speakers for 1200-1500rms each, which imo his rms rating was a bit more realistic.

EDIT: Well I didn't know that^^^

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

How am I non stop internet stalking you? LOL

Because you came into the SMD chat I was in, or because I am posting on your thread that you started? Or was it viewing your public photobucket album?

Please define me being a stalker?

The cone you used, and resko1 used are idenical, resko1 The cones resko1 used say rockford in green pencil on the cone, Only 1 cone says it. I dont know if you put it there, or he did or what. He said the cones came from you.

I am not asking for Warranty, or even free parts. This was just a review which I thought was the pros and cons of each sub I used and blew and decided to tear apart

Also, Why did you use a vented former, only to glue the spiders over the vents on the former????

^ Good point. That isnt something I would have let slip by me- All I can say is I felt rushed, and screwed up as I said a few times. Your not much for helping self esteem lol

For someone that brags about building speakers for over 20 years for massive companies I would expect a professional looking glue joint.

^ I wasnt building speakers since I was 16. I been in the field 10 years lol

All I know is, I powered them up, swept them free air, and they passed. If when I was coning the speaker, and the cone pressed on the spiders while the epoxy was wet, and moved the spiders, my bad. I overlooked that

When I finish a speaker, before I dome the speaker, I check all glue beads move the cone up and down, listen for noises.

Before doming, I tested on a 500 rms amp. Sweeps, then test tones from 20hz up to about 80hz

if all is well, I dome the speaker, then repeat the process.

No issues are found, I package and ship, or call the customer, and tell to pick up, or even drop off

If the speaker failed on the road, I tell the person ( if online ) to cut open the speaker, and take pics of the soft parts. If its my failure, I replace.

Since my truck was stolen 8 months ago, I have only had a 250w rms amp to sweep with, now I have a 2500rms amp to sweep/test speakers with

I dont have testing issues any more

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

His say RF. We go through the same recone parts company. I never bought those cones. As I said, my old boss must have sold his last batch to them

But my cones are from a different place from what I KNOW

Mine DO NOT say RF on them, that I promise you

Stalker as in your non stop haunting me online, and wont give it a break for a night. You download my pics check all info on them. Even you seen that the pics were from a year ago. So the guy sat on the subs for about 10months before deciding to sell them. That happens. I know a few people had me build up classic speakers for them just to have sit in the closet for years because they are rare finds.

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Call me ken. Ill pm you my number.

PM me all you want, its 208am here, and I wanted to go to bed at about 11pm to go drive to my grandmothers house at 8am, with about 120miles to drive to work on her house for 12 hrs

I might call you on my beer break tomorrow

sundown.jpg

It is a public forum, as well as your public photobucket, if you dont want people looking, make the account private.

From what we where told these where recently redone, hence why I checked the date on the pictures from your PUBLIC photobucket and posted them in this PUBLIC forum where I also posted my PUBLIC review to see who was being the dishonest one.

But from looking at the details on the photos taken, I know that you are not the one lying saying they are recently reconed, it was the seller which I also PMed on caco, without a response.

I'am not dishonest, just a lot of business goes through my fingers, hard to remember every speaker built.

about 20 speakers used that same dome and or shocker logo

After seeing who I sold them too, and the dome/etc, I can pin point these very well.

these shipped right when they were done. I didn't post these for sale, I built these for that guy

Edited by Forevrbumpn
sundown.jpg