Second Skin Audio

Breaking in......

I built a friend´s nissan sentra with a single 3515 and a SS 4K, no clipping or anything of course, i told him to go slow on the first couple of days , he went to a party that night and used the car as the main atraction, next day, blown coil!!! Ordered the recone, install it again, a year after he´s pounding hard as hell and it´s one of the best 139.9 competitors con Panama right now; Anyways, after his experience, i never let the owner to play the system before me, i just use a 25 hz tone with a moderated volume for about 20 or 30 minutes and it´s good to go!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

So I should bump it low for about a day and it should be good to bump the next day right? :yahoo:

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

no subs need to be broken in.

Just start bumpin, if it breaks its because its user error.

A sub handles its rms from day 1.

I could have sworn there was a couple subs that the manufacturer said had to be broken in.

I have seen it to where the manufacturers have a break in time posted on their page, so this is what baffles me

audioque says so

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

I built a friend´s nissan sentra with a single 3515 and a SS 4K, no clipping or anything of course, i told him to go slow on the first couple of days , he went to a party that night and used the car as the main atraction, next day, blown coil!!! Ordered the recone, install it again, a year after he´s pounding hard as hell and it´s one of the best 139.9 competitors con Panama right now; Anyways, after his experience, i never let the owner to play the system before me, i just use a 25 hz tone with a moderated volume for about 20 or 30 minutes and it´s good to go!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

your avatar is eeepiiic!

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

This discussion about break in never ends does it? Sigh...

All break-in does is allow for equal distribution of stresses across the suspension. So in the end you will have an unnoticably, cleaner response. This can be done with RMS as well. The recommendations are there so people don't cry about how "quiet" or "high" their subs are out of the box. It's also a disclaimer for premature failure.

I know everybody argues this point over and over about the types of spiders, spiders tearing, etc, etc.. but it all ends the same way. 99% of audio problems are between the knob and the chair.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

your avatar is eeepiiic!

ahahahaha thanks a lot man, it gives me a big lol every time i post :drink40:

:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/