Sonic Electronix

there are very little difference in the at and the similar product from second skin. i think it was the second skin has a little bit thinker foil on it and the rest was the same but not 100% positive

here ya go. this was done from a third party and not from ss or at

The only questionable thing I have about the published "results" is how were they obtained? Without knowing how the testing was handled, what methodology was used, etc. a word document with numbers is actually quite meaningless to the average consumer. Personally I can only assume what testing method was used, but again without it being published it's only an assumption, and I don't work that way.

And just to be clear, by no means am I saying the figures are falsified or manipulated, I just want some clarification to the methodology and testing that was done, being from a third party or not.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I'd love to see SS do a test similar to what XS is doing with comparable batteries.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

I know you're looking to go cheap, but I've learned to do it right the first time or don't bother at all.

Second Skin has glowing reviews here and I'm about to put a bulk pack of Damplifier Pro into my Honda Accord.

Well my Honda Accord wont last long so I dont want to put a lot of money in sound deadener in the car because I can't take it out. The car has 235K miles and wont be lasting more than 2 years longer, so spending too much money is useless. I already have more money in my stereo than the cars price haha.

I'm was in the same situation a few days ago, I got a Camry with 227xxx miles and i just decided to go cheap. I went with Peel & seal and it made a huge difference. My lows hit lower and now sounds way better than before and all i did was my trunk lid. Peel n seal from Lowe's goes for $16, cheap buy and it worked for me

No car at the moment.

New system:

2 Skar Audio VVX-12s

Crescendo bc2000d

Carquest NGT battery (back)

Deka battery (front)

I'd love to see SS do a test similar to what XS is doing with comparable batteries.

While it would be interesting and informative (I love doing tests!), I think we're going to leave the testing to third party individuals so there is no partiality of the test results.

usa_render4.png

Jon, I am looking to gain in increase in SPL. Not really looking for quality increase. I see Audiotechnix has made it on here quite a few times, and also Lowe's peal n seal looks interesting too. If I were to buy something and put it in my trunk, where are the most important spots? I assume they would be the top of the trunk and the bottom, but I also realized the bottom of the trunk is usually quite rigid and does not need as much, if any at all. I don't want to go through and tear side panels off and put it in, really just looking for a few easy spots to put some in and gain some SPL. Thanks for all of your help!

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

I used edead and thought it was a good product to use at the time i got it since i was and still am on a budget, next time though i'll use something better for the task than edead on deadening the car with. I will say though that edead is a fantastic product in deadening door skins, dashes and other panels on the cheap when you want to deaden inner panels without breaking the bank.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

trjohnst, best place to tackle are areas that are lacking reinforcement. So for instance on the trunk lid, the large flat areas between the ribbing.

The trunk floor, same deal. Stay away from areas that have been welded or reinforced.

One of the most neglected areas is the rear quarter panels of the trunk. People put two or three layers on the floor, but not the quarter panels... so I'd get those covered since they have literally no reinforcement.

usa_render4.png

If I simply put some deadener on the top of the trunk and on the bottom, would I gain any SPL? I guess its hard to say without looking at the car. Put on the quarter panels, I really don't want to go through the work to put it in there, so i'll probably skip that area.

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

If I simply put some deadener on the top of the trunk and on the bottom, would I gain any SPL? I guess its hard to say without looking at the car. Put on the quarter panels, I really don't want to go through the work to put it in there, so i'll probably skip that area.

Yeah it's hard to say sometimes and it does depend on the vehicle. A little econo box can see amazing results with very little material since they are so "tinny" and lack factory sound insulation.

What's the vehicle you are working on? EDIT, rather what year Accord is it? I have a 90 Accord which lacked sound insulation...

usa_render4.png

1991 Honda Accord SE. Im thinking of just doing the top of the trunk and the bottom, but the top of the trunk has all the holes in there to reduce weight. That leaves me confused because I dont know how to put it on with all the holes in there; I guess just cover them all.

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)