Sonic Electronix

I am in some need of gaining a few db's and think it is time for some sound deadener. What brand is the best for a budget and how much would I need for a trunk (Honda Accord)? I'm looking for something on ebay, so I don't know how many square feet I need to do just the top of my trunk and the bottom, under my carpet and box. I need to find something that is cheap but good in quality. I know ebay has some knock off brands, but I dont know what to get just for the top and bottom of trunk. How many square feet would I need and what else would I need to buy in order to install it (roller, extra glue, etc.)? Are there any pointers I need when installing it because this is the first time I have messed with the stuff.

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

I know you're looking to go cheap, but I've learned to do it right the first time or don't bother at all.

Second Skin has glowing reviews here and I'm about to put a bulk pack of Damplifier Pro into my Honda Accord.

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

I know you're looking to go cheap, but I've learned to do it right the first time or don't bother at all.

Second Skin has glowing reviews here and I'm about to put a bulk pack of Damplifier Pro into my Honda Accord.

Well my Honda Accord wont last long so I dont want to put a lot of money in sound deadener in the car because I can't take it out. The car has 235K miles and wont be lasting more than 2 years longer, so spending too much money is useless. I already have more money in my stereo than the cars price haha.

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

i might need some of that for my accord soon also

Well my Honda Accord wont last long so I dont want to put a lot of money in sound deadener in the car because I can't take it out. The car has 235K miles and wont be lasting more than 2 years longer, so spending too much money is useless. I already have more money in my stereo than the cars price haha.

Ah, that's understandable. I have a 2009 so I'm just pouring cash into it at the moment. Before Second Skin I was looking at Raamat BXT II. It's pretty cheap for a lot of sq ft. I've heard some good things about the product and company.

http://www.raamaudio.com

2009 Honda Accord EX-L

System in the works:

Pioneer AVH-3200DVD (check)

Hertz Mille MLK165 (check)

SAX-125.2 (check)

AA Havoc 12" Ported (check)

SAZ-1500D (check)

1/0awg Knu Kolossus Flex (check)

XS Power D3400 (check)

Stock 120amp Alternator

SS Damplifier Pro (check)

Fatmat rattletrap stuff works good go to there website you get a roller and some tools with it

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

audiotechnix, about the cheapest quality sound deadener you can get. On the studies and tests showed that second skin and audiotechnix were only a hair off, and audiotechnix is crazy cheap. 25 sq feet should be fine

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

I would stick with the quality CLD products that are out there and avoid FatMat.

SDS, Second Skin, Audio Wrap, RAAMMat, and so on. Ones with quality products with a proven track record. You are always better off installing less of a high quality product then you are more of a low quality or even asphalt based product. CLD mats work differently then mass loaders, therefor less product is needed to achieve the same results.

trjohnst, what exactly are you wanting to achieve with installing sound deadening? Just to improve your SPL numbers? Or are you looking for better sound quality?

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Al the sound deadeners mentioned are asphalt based, and the ones meantioned aren't decent.(except the ones second skin rep Jon mentioned.)

I would look into second skin, it's quite cheap. You don't need to cover the whole trunk.

And if you want to go cheap, don't do the bottom, the bottom is quite solid.

You only have to cover 25-40% of the surface to get good deadening with a good deadener. With the ones meantioned before you need almost full coverage to have "decent" results.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived