Second Skin Audio

Have my trunk floor torn apart to put a layer of dp down. Went to apply the first sheet to the vertical wall in the spare tire well, and it's nit sticking as it should. Cleaned withan all purpose cleaner (optimum power clean) then wiped down with prep solvent. Using a roller too.

Does humidity have anything to do with it? It's about 68 f here, but rather humid...

It stuck to the trunk lid fine a few days ago.

Have my trunk floor torn apart to put a layer of dp down. Went to apply the first sheet to the vertical wall in the spare tire well, and it's nit sticking as it should. Cleaned withan all purpose cleaner (optimum power clean) then wiped down with prep solvent. Using a roller too.

Does humidity have anything to do with it? It's about 68 f here, but rather humid...

It stuck to the trunk lid fine a few days ago.

Where do you live and what is the humidity level? If the surface is wet or the least bit damp, that will inhibit Damplifier's ability to adhere to the surface.

I'm not familiar with optimum power clean, but I assume it's not a citrus based cleaner, correct?

Take a clean dry towel, wipe the surface down, and see of the Damplifier sticks. If it does, then the humidity level may be a bit high.

EDIT: I had a similar issue (years ago) when I was installing it in extremely low temps (30s) with high humidity.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

I'm just gonna wait Til tomorrow to try again. Honestly, I think the humidity is playing a role

In the evaporation of cleaners from the surface. I pulled a new sheet, and it stuck just fine to the trunk lid. Oh well, one of those things I was only doing because I had the time available. I was out in the garage smoking a nice Cuban cigar and watching the rain, and figured "what the hell, why not stick a few more sheets on..."

Will do. Thanks for the CS!

No problem.

Sometimes I wish I was closer so I could just run over and help solve the issue. :D

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png