Sonic Electronix

How to wire 2 amps to ONE dual coiled subwoofer

I have a a 15 inch Memphis sub woofer dual coiled. I have 2 older amps, one of the two amps I have been using both channels to power the sub woofer. I want to hook up a older profile amp to the sub along with the other one to power two amps to one sub, how will I go about doing this?

You have to have 2 identical amps.

Not recommended for daily drivers unless you have experience.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

Why are you useing 2 channels of an amp to power one sub?

100x2 at 2 ohm stereo = 200x1 at 4 ohm bridged.

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Terryswork001.png

Because I have a dual coiled subwoofer that uses 2 channels

[/quote

:Facepalm:

A dual VC subwoofer doesnt need to be powered by two channels. You can wire the coild in series or parallel and run the whole thing off a monoblock amp.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Because I have a dual coiled subwoofer that uses 2 channels

Because of you saying this, I would not recommend that you should attempt running 2 amps to one sub.

You need to identical amps and you have to gain match the amps so they put out equal power.

You bridge the 2 channel amp

Terryswork001.png

LOL if he knew how to search the forum he could find the info he wants.

I know because I have written about it a few times.

Terryswork001.png