Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

people with thousand + watt amps and got 8 gauge hooked up for power/ground

3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpg

people with thousand + watt amps and got 8 gauge hooked up for power/ground

3005.jackie-chan-meme-why.jpg

I sold a guy 2 kicker kx 1200.1s. When I looked what he did have it was 2 10s and 1 12. He didnt know what ohm load he was running or what ohms each sub was at. I looked at his power wire and it was 8 gauge with an inline 60a fuse. I hooked them up in his car (because they couldnt fit the 1/0in mine) and since his fuse looked like a really big 20a fuse. He popped 3 of them because he refused to let me disconnect the battery. After the deal was made I told him he could not run those amps on his 8 gauge. He would have to upgrade his wires and electrical. Less than a week later he calls me saying I sold him a blown amp. I asked if he upgraded his wires which he hadnt. I refuse to answer his phone calls now.

2005 ford explorer xlt limited 4x4

2 xs power d3400s

2 runs of shca

mid/ highs- infinity 6x8 3 ways

2 18 ssa icons

2 aq 1200.1 @ 2 ohms

10 cubes tuned to 36 hrz

Annoy's me that basically every good but 2 good alternator(1 with good price requiring me to modify my bracket, and 1 overpriced surprisingly even though he's good) company won't bother to even look at my car for any sort of alternator upgrade what-so-ever.

Not saying any names, but I bet one of them if I drove a Ferrari or something, be like "Oh sir, want us to fabricate an alternator for that fantastic machine", me asking about my Volvo, "Sorry sir, we don't offer anything for your car", and one I recently asked "Nope we offer nothing for your car", even though they offered a foreign guy driving a Lancia an upgrade option.

Whatever, I'll save up for the overpriced one :/

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sold a pioneer h/u, mb quart 2 chan amp, rockford 6x8 speakers and a rockford wiring kit to a guy I work with, I went ahead and dd1ed the amp since it was going to be used with h/u I had. I told him to leave the gain alone and only turn the h/u up to 37 since it clips at 38, so a few days after I sold it to him he showed me how he had it installed.... had the gain maxed out on the amp and didnt even bother putting the speakers in the doors, he just threw them on top of the back seat. I'm waiting for him to tell me the speakers are blown....

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

Best buy installs, had to DD-1 my friend's amp a while back because the Best Buy guys turned the gain all the way up on his ZX300.1, my friend told me he's now gonna come to me to install stuff for him.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I also hate it when people tell that I should brand match everything, I don't care for brand matching, cause not everything on the brand is good, and some of those things are overpriced.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived