Sonic Electronix

Im About To Smash This Termlab

to be honest im VERY disappointed in it....in averaging a 143 (i played with it some more geo and i was hitting around that)

its tuned too low and the second them windows are up it loses so much. i had some flukes...i had a point where the meter said 156.1 (i took a pic which ill upload later) and then i was playin around in the 140 area then i randomly saw a 153 and then around the 143 average area. im disappointed. im hopin ill hit more once i get the back seats reupholstered and the air flow will come through again. i may take the seats back out to see how she hits with them out. but i honestly though i was hitting higher. i will be making some changes to the box to make it louder thats for SURE.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

how many watts are you pushing? 143 isn't a bad number with a truck. You could alwlays do a walk-through with 24-12's, that has seemed to work in the past. lol

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

with 4 15s i was hopin a lot higher. or at least a 145. i may hit that when i got my back seats out but im pushin anywhere from 2500-2800 watts RMS. im still gonna mod the box to raise the freq tho..its too low for now i love low notes but its only loud on a select few i want more range.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

I agree with Derrick. The back seats coming out will definately help out your score. Low tunings dont work particularly well on a meter. I prefer hitting the lows to hitting high numbers on the mic. My box sounds loud as hell, but I doubt it would hit a great number on a meter. I say if you like how it sounds you are good to go. It isn't really worth all the time and effort to hitting a high number unless you plan on competing alot.

My System:

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

4-Dayton 7 inch reference series (front doors)

8-Onkyo 3/4 inch tweeters (dash)

1-Sundown Audio 100.4D (mids/highs)

2-18" BTL's (for now)

Crescendo 3kwp (for sale)

Complete rebuild coming soon...

I agree with Derrick. The back seats coming out will definately help out your score. Low tunings dont work particularly well on a meter. I prefer hitting the lows to hitting high numbers on the mic. My box sounds loud as hell, but I doubt it would hit a great number on a meter. I say if you like how it sounds you are good to go. It isn't really worth all the time and effort to hitting a high number unless you plan on competing alot.

i agree with that ive heard a few system that hit a nice score on the tl but sound like absolute ass when youre trying to listen to music. imo if youre happy with the way it sounds then it really isnt worth the time and effort to remove parts of your car just so you can gain a couple db.

i totally agree with that......i would rather hit lows like no other and shake my car apart than hit high numbers at this point.......that may change on down the road but untill then low tuning is where its at B)

but nick i think if you tweek your port opening and the few other things you could gain a few db's....great job though

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

sorry man, but i had to do it to you he he................. whats loud to teh ears more offten then not isnt the same on teh mic

SMDsigbannr4.jpg1995 Geo Prism . FI BTL 12 P chamfer, 3rdmagnet HIXMAX COIL 1/0 big 3 HIFONICS COLOSSUS 1.7 cubs tuned to 60hz in the works 2xTruck battery 1125 cca.

sorry man, but i had to do it to you he he................. whats loud to teh ears more offten then not isnt the same on teh mic

That is so true. I had some guys at a show tell me my setup that does 147s down at 35-36hz was louder than a guys setup that does 157s at 70hz. The lower bass always seems a lot louder than it really is on the TL. I don't care what the meter says. If it hits loud & low, I'm good. BOOM > bzzzz

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

Try it with only the door opposite the side of the car with the sensor open and see if it gains. My old truck gained 4dB easy just by cracking the door a few inches :o

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Archived