Sonic Electronix

first off sorry for it being so long, but Aaron, Derrick and myself are stumped...

so sunday before a show i go to the gas station, radio playin fine, turn in everything goes quite. thought it was just the station going dark, happens on sunday often. left heading to the bank and change over to usb, start counting down no sound still. screw around at the bank checking for the usual shit, everything looked good, no loose wire nothing touching but sub amp in protect and mid/high was green, so it was good. turned off hu, turned back on and same thing, finally just pulled all grounds off the battery for a minute to reset the computer, put'em back on and everything was all good.

monday morning nothing no sound again, hit a bump on the way out starting working. so im thinking i got bare wire touching somewhere. played all the way to work...whole 10 minutes...lol until i pulled in and it went out again. on break i go check voltages at the amp between fuses and amp 4.6v. the wire that runs to the distro block under the box read 14.2v. shut the hu down with the dmm still hooked up and it went up to 14.1v. turned hu on and everything worked. nothing was moved at all. after work i go and pull the box out to check the distro blocks everything was tight no loose wires...did find a 10mm wrench that had been sliding around. but while the box was out i couldnt duplicate the problem. put everything back in a played fine, even went out and checked when i smoked a cig.

tuesday morning...monday all over again. Aaron thought it could be the power wire under rear seat that goes to distro block. at one time i had a second battery there so 2 wires are bolted together and taped over. checked with dmm's and one side read 14.2v to other 14.1v so ruled that out. heres the kicker sometimes i have mid/high's but sub amp in protect other times i have neither.

wednesday worked most of the day. then got to thinking its possibly a remote wire issue.

today hasnt worked for shit. if its remote i gotta pull everything out, which i was planning on that this weekend so i could finally add some SS since warehouse is closed and i can leave shit there over the weekend.

does anyone have any other suggestions for me to look for??? need to get a list together so i can check over everything.

Thanks,

Josh

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

This happened to me one time. All I did was rewire everything and it was fixed. Soo I couldn't tell you specifially what it was. But for me I think wires were touching. Hope you can figure it out man

Vehicle: 2008 Mustang V6

Exterior: Blacked Out Taillights, Turn Signals, Side Markers-Black 18x8 Enkei ls5-6000k HID's

Interior: Blue LED Strips with Module for Music-Hardwired Beltronics RX65 with Blue LED and remote button

Sub: 2 10 inch custom subs

Amp: Hifonics BRz 2600

Wire: Knu 0 gauge

Headunit: Kenwood kiv-bt901

Damplifier: Fatmat Rattletrap

Electrical: Stock Alt/Stock Battery/Big 3

try running continuity on your speaker wires. see if you have oen grounded out. find a good ground one probe to that and hten one to the speaker lead. Its not a guarantee to find it but it can.

amps are in protect? one or both? or random one then the other.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

stetsom has low voltage protect, crunch doesnt, so its just not getting enough to put out sound. just by watching the dmm while turning on and off the hu, the volts change so much. its just really weird, like something just leeching on my volts...lol. and running new wire isnt a problem, going to be doing that after slamology so the 5k can go in.

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

like i said im just getting a list together so i can check everything out saturday, cant really pull a 230lb or so box with sub in it at home...need forklift for that...lol.

Is your remote hooked up to a relay in the front? I'd also try unhooking the stetsoms remote wire and trying just the mids and highs and vise versa to see if it is either one of the amps grounding out somewhere, check the voltage and see if either amp is causing the drop when it kicks on.

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

if its both amps its gotta be something that utilizes both. remote head unit output etc. Thats what makes it tricky too sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Yeah were leaning toward remote wire. So I'm pulling everything out so I can pin point exactly where its at. There is about 10ft of wire I can't test because of it under the box. Hopefully I can just have the problem happen with it out. If not ill just run a new remote.

Any more ideas people?

well it ended up being the terminal for my ground. just put the terminal between washers and bolt and everything works again...just weird after 2 years it finally decided it didnt have enough contact a guess.

after i glue my dust cap back on, i can do some testing with roughly 6k on the LVL 5...

Archived