Sonic Electronix

Alright, so I tried setting up my amp settings, but I don't really know what they are, so it doesn't make much sense in my trying to set it up. The amp is a Sound Ordnance M-1350. It puts out 210 watts at 4 ohms and 350 watts at 2 ohms(i know, really low), and I have a single Sundown Audio 8 inch Dual 4 ohm sub. It's getting my sub really hot on the dustcap! Trust me, I wired it correctly, i'm just not good with setting up the amp I guess. I wired the dual 4's down to 2 ohms to my amp.

The settings on my amp are: Bass Boost: 0 db to 12 db. Subsonic Filter: 10 hz to 40hz. Low Pass: 40hz to 300 hz . Lastly, Input Level. 6V to 0.2 V

I understand the first one, pretty easy. I don't get the Subsonic Filter, Low Pass, but I kinda understand Input Level, it's amount of power coming from my battery, but why does it say 0.2 V? shouldn't it be 12 V?

What I'm trying to get at is, is it possible for someone to get me in the right direction to what i'm supposed to put these settings at? It's messing up my sub.

By the way, everything else is wired correctly, I had my dad check it out, and my dad has every certification on cars to Boeing airplanes, electrical, everything, lol.

So if someone could tell me the correct settings for the two settings, that'd be great, but I'd like it so my sub is putting out the most it can safely.

Thank you all so much for helping me get started, this is only my 1st system, I had a different sub, a Single 4 ohm JBL GTO 804, i upgraded to this.

Thanks again,

Don

If it's sealed set it down low, but if ported set it pretty close to your box tuning, I like to do it +/- 3. If it is set too low for a ported enclosure it could cause the sub to unload.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Set the subsonic filter to 5hz below your box's tuning if it's ported, set the low pass to 70-80hz, adjust Level with an oscope to make sure your getting clean power. Sounds like your clipping the sub.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Set the subsonic filter to 5hz below your box's tuning if it's ported, set the low pass to 70-80hz, adjust Level with an oscope to make sure your getting clean power. Sounds like your clipping the sub.

That's what I'm worried about...I don't have an oscope. Is that the only way to see if it's clipping?

That's what I'm worried about...I don't have an oscope. Is that the only way to see if it's clipping?

Have access to a digital multimeter? It can be done with one.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(