Sonic Electronix

Running wires into doors is such a pain in the ass with the molex plugs and whatnot. I would rather drill a new hole and put a second grommet in the door to easily fish my wire through. I've searched the internet for this very solution, and I have come up dry. Is there anybody out there that agrees with me or knows where I could find what I want?

CARS

14 Sierra crew cab daily, Small build coming one of these days

69 C-10 fleetside in many pieces, won't be done till the end of time

Last car '12 Focus with build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

this is just an idea! mabey drill new holes and use the black plastic covering? (i freakin forgot the name of it lol) that might work no?

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

Running wires into doors is such a pain in the ass with the molex plugs and whatnot. I would rather drill a new hole and put a second grommet in the door to easily fish my wire through. I've searched the internet for this very solution, and I have come up dry. Is there anybody out there that agrees with me or knows where I could find what I want?

are all the holes in the molex taken up by wires? I ran into this problem twice, but the molex was rather big and I was able to carefully drill a small hole nowhere near the existing wires through the molex to run my wires through.

other than that, you can buy a set of many different size grommets at home depot. as long as you run the lines the exact same way the stock ones run, it shouldn't be a problem. just make sure theres no way for them to be pinched.

Edited by mbdblue

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

I'm thinking of something just like the factory grommet, not the same as you would use to run through the firewall. every time I come across the molex connectors they are a bitch. If I could get ahold of something just like the factory wires run through but about the size of a 0 guage or a little bigger, it would be perfect to run wires for the doors, and a lot less time consuming.

CARS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/165619-2012-focus-btl-15-crescendo-sundown-audio-control/

i would try some rubber grommets and wireloom to incase the wires in

89 Chevy Caprice (is under construction)

dual alts

4/0 welding cable for wire

red top under hood 3 yellow tops behind the front seat ( who needs a back seat anyways lol)

big 3 of course

Eclipse 3000

interiors are getting rebuilt now

2 crescendo bc2000

2 shocker sig 12s

rebuild pics

this is just an idea! mabey drill new holes and use the black plastic covering? (i freakin forgot the name of it lol) that might work no?

Wire Loom? That is kinda what I'm thinking, but it would have to be more durable, rubber like the factory door grommets.

CARS

What I'm doing for mine is using EMT screw connectors in the doors and car for the grommets, then using a bicycle inner tube I had laying around as the loom. I can upload a couple pics of what I mean if you want me to.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

What I'm doing for mine is using EMT screw connectors in the doors and car for the grommets, then using a bicycle inner tube I had laying around as the loom. I can upload a couple pics of what I mean if you want me to.

That would do the trick, but it would be a pain in the ass to make it look good.

CARS

Well, here's how I'm doing it. Performance over aesthetics in my opinion.

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

The part with the threads would be what will be on the outside of the car, the longer part on the inside. I simply rolled the ends of the tube over the non threaded end. I'll silicone the crap out of where it goes through the car. Should be perfectly water tight and decently flexible.

Not pretty, but it works.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I agree that looks are not as important as function, but I try to put all my effort into making it look good if I can. Your work looks good though, that was a good Idea.

CARS