Sonic Electronix

If you built a box for a AQ HDC3 15" then HELP!!

So I am finally getting around to building my box for my HDC3 15" and will be running either a Crescendo BC2000 or AQ2200D. I need to figure out how to make my box using Torres' calculator. I will be using 3/4 hardwood plywood and need to know how wide and long my port should be. I am just doing a slotted port, on the side of the box. Its in the trunk, and the height can only be like 16.5 inches (which was what my last box was and it was great), and im thinking around 20 inches deep, and 32inches wide. I have no idea how much port area this thing needs or what the ratio needs to be, or even how much cubic feet this sub needs. If someone can send me a file of their Torre's tuning calculator for their HDC3 15" or have any suggestions that would be great. If the box was 20" deep, how far should my slotted port wall be, like 16"? How wide of a wall? Please and thank you all!

1991 Accord

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Sub

Audioque HDC3 15" (Copper)<--Backup Sub

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

Eonon 3.5" DVD<--Headunit

Infinity Kappa Perfect<--Mids & Highs

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

if you made the box around 4 - 4.5 cubic feet then you could make the port 4" wide.

these subs like 4-5 cubic feet and should have around 16 sq inches of port per cubic feet.

port length will depend on what you want to tune it to. normal (high 30's) = 18-20 inches deep

24-28 inches deep for low tuning

I'd do 4.25^3 net off the power you have, but if you will mostly play low stuff then do 4.5^3. 35Hz tuning for the lows or 38Hz for all around is what I normally do.

I've built several single 15" AQ/DD boxes and should have plans for them if you want to PM me...

Ok, so since optimal net volume needs to be 4.25^3, I tried to do the best I came and came up with this box. Except my tune is a little too high (I think). I dont really listen to real low stuff, just regular hard hitting punchy rap. So, I dont think I need anything in the low 30's, I think I need it in the high 30's, but this is the best I could do, a 41Hz box. I am TRYING to make a box like THIS, with 1 Sub. so I THINK I did the calculator right, by putting in 3 walls.

slotportbox.jpg

So here is my saved calculator measurements with Torres' calc. It will save as a text file, then open the text with the Torres calculator. Open the calc. then file-open-BOX.txt

http://www.mediafire.com/?aljbhao6yx5lcb5

PLEASE help me figure out if this is right!

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

I cant though because my box can only be 22" deep, so the max I can do is a port length of 16", which is 42 hz

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)

1991 240sx SR20 Red Top

Too many mods

(Sold)

2004 GTO

Just starting mods

I cant though because my box can only be 22" deep, so the max I can do is a port length of 16", which is 42 hz

That's where the L port bend comes jn

That's where the L port bend comes jn

x2 you do an "L" at the back and keep it the same width. Measure from the middle of the port for your total length...

So if its 4" wide for my port, and my depth of the box is 22", i need to make my port go 18"long, then do a L, so that the distance between the inside of the L and the back of the box is 4"?

1991 Accord

Crescendo BC2000D<--Amp

Big 3

1/0 Knu<--Wiring

2nd Stock 80Amp alt.

1991 Mustang 5.0

Too many mods

(Sold)