Fi BTL n2 dual 2 wiring, need help fast

Put a little more time into this one, hope this makes the message more clear.

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/28694099/wiring.bmp

thats series mode, so if your sub is dual 2ohm, then its gonna be wired up to 4 ohm final impedance.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Wow...I feel like he coulda found this info alot quicker than making a profile on here, and making a post, and waiting fro response. I hate it when people do this, we take our time to explain, and they never check back. Freakin spammers.

First off, I just made this thread earlier today, and I'm already checking it. I didn't just make this account to ask one question.

Anyways Bakerman, if you could help me it would be much appreciated.

Do you want me to make a better picture? it was like a 2 second drawing because I was in the middle of painting my box.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp

when wiring and seeing what final impedance you will have, in parallel wiring, what ever you sub is configured to, the final will be half the number..(ex, 1ohm vc, .5ohm in parallel....2ohm vc, 1ohm in parallel...etc)

in series, double that number for the final impedance (for example..1ohm vc, 2 ohm in series....2ohm vc, 4ohm in series...etc)

thats all for 1 sub.

Thanks a lot man, made it so clear, props. looks like my wiring is right. the only concern i have now is; does it make a difference that the cord running only on the sub from one side to the other (+ to -)is a smaller cord thickness then the cords running from the inputs to terminals?

how can i tune my amp to the best potential and find where i start to clip?

i checked my gain on my amp and my sub level on my deck. the gain is pretty high and my deck sub lvl is at 5. should i turn the gain down and my sub level up to 10?

NO. Turn your sub level on your deck to 0 and set your gains accordingly. The fact that you said your sub gets warm instantly and your gain is set high on top of your sub level being up on your deck are all indicators that you are clipping the shit out of your system, and you could have already burnt your voice coil.

At the very least, grab a dmm to set your gains, an oscope would be preferable though.

No offense, but this is exactly why it's not a good idea for beginners to run expensive equipment.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

i checked my gain on my amp and my sub level on my deck. the gain is pretty high and my deck sub lvl is at 5. should i turn the gain down and my sub level up to 10?

NO. Turn your sub level on your deck to 0 and set your gains accordingly. The fact that you said your sub gets warm instantly and your gain is set high on top of your sub level being up on your deck are all indicators that you are clipping the shit out of your system, and you could have already burnt your voice coil.

At the very least, grab a dmm to set your gains, an oscope would be preferable though.

No offense, but this is exactly why it's not a good idea for beginners to run expensive equipment.

my friend is the one who tuned it, if your genna beak off than gtfo, comming from the kid running a fi Q LOL

my friend is the one who tuned it, if your genna beak off than gtfo, comming from the kid running a fi Q LOL

I can tell you right now that with an attitude like that, you aren't going to get very far at all. The fact that you would even ask a question like that shows how little you really know LOL. What are you like 14? Grow the fuck up.

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

I can tell you right now that with an attitude like that, you aren't going to get very far at all. The fact that you would even ask a question like that shows how little you really know LOL. What are you like 14? Grow the fuck up.

Your the one that started beaking off bud, never said I knew a lot about car audio, did you even see me say anything in that manner? no, so stop acting hard.

If you wana help me out without being a douche bag that would be awesome, but I'm not in the mood to have a beak fest with someone over the internet.

perfect example of someone with cash but no brains. honestly, i can have the cheapest sets of boss subs and i can still tune it right without blowing them. i could've easily said "with a BTL N2 and dont know how to wire it? what a fucking noob". but instead we trying to get a message across and you react like that? you probably dont deserve that sub, ESPECIALLY with that JBL amp you got(which i think its not worth investing in). just like canderton said, its not a good idea that BEGINNERS use expensive equipment without having any idea what you are doing.

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Archived