Mustang Restoration Build, 2011 Edition

How do you like the fit of the dynacorn products?

I haven't installed a single part that didn't need atleast some modification. The front aprons (the drivers side I just got and I don't think was pictured) both are a bit off, especially on the top flat portion. The radiator support might be the closest, but it isn't installed yet and everything fits to it more than it fitting to everything else. Cowl also might be close. In all its just crap that has to be dealt with.

Just read the whole build log from post one and man I can't believe the progess goes from something that looks like a rolling turd to piece of history. Love theses old Mustangs just wish it was a fast back lol. Keep up the good work it's look great can't wait to see it complete and driving down the road lookin all pretty.

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

(2) Digital Deisgns 3515's D4

Digital Designs M3B w/ Toolmaker Dual Inputs

Mike Singer Built 340 Amp Alternator

Arc Audio KS 300.4

*mids and highs to come soon*

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

• 2 weeks later...

Just read the whole build log from post one and man I can't believe the progess goes from something that looks like a rolling turd to piece of history. Love theses old Mustangs just wish it was a fast back lol. Keep up the good work it's look great can't wait to see it complete and driving down the road lookin all pretty.

I never thought it looked like a rolling turd :/ lol, just always something to work on. Never realized exactly how bad it started at until I go back and look now. At the time I was just super excited to have it no matter the condition.

She's fucking gorgeous mate!

So I cut it back a bit more.

IMG_0457.jpg

Its a bit bad in here due to being open for so long.

IMG_0454.jpg

Underneath

IMG_0452.jpg

The engine still patiently waiting

IMG_0450.jpg

It was about this point that I decided the suspension was in my way. I needed to cut out more of the rail, plus the outside of the apron wasn't very clean on this side because it is hard to get behind the components.

IMG_0443.jpg

Checked to see how much camber I could get, just for the lulz

IMG_0487.jpg

AAAAAAAND, its gone.

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

So I decided to cut a bit more. Will be cutting more before its done.

IMG_0500.jpg

I didn't really mean a rolling turd just a rolling frame. Shit, it's better than the mustang I have which isn't one /: I would be super excited to get a mustang like that to restore. Didn't mean to make any hard feelings sorry. Keep up the good work!

2006 Ford F150 4.6 3v

(2) Digital Deisgns 3515's D4

Digital Designs M3B w/ Toolmaker Dual Inputs

Mike Singer Built 340 Amp Alternator

Arc Audio KS 300.4

*mids and highs to come soon*

Alpine 148BT

And tons of 0 AWG

I didn't really mean a rolling turd just a rolling frame. Shit, it's better than the mustang I have which isn't one /: I would be super excited to get a mustang like that to restore. Didn't mean to make any hard feelings sorry. Keep up the good work!

Lol no worries, I completely understand what you mean. It definitely didn't look the best when I first got it.

Cut more, cleaned more, gf did some wire brushing.

IMG_0509.jpg

IMG_0511.jpg

Then I decided to take a closer look inside the other frame rail. Wasn't overly excited at what I found.

IMAG0131.jpg

So, I cut the outside plate off for a better look! This is what I found.

IMAG0137.jpg

IMAG0138.jpg

Cleaned up a bit more and drilled.

IMAG0139.jpg

IMAG0141.jpg

IMAG0133.jpg

And then I spent all night tonight wrestling with the spring compressor and this suspension. But, I finally won.

IMAG0142.jpg

Very cool build! And, it's gotta be pretty cool to have your girl help, and know what she is doing!

And it's an old school Stang, yeah I'm tuned in! :popcorn:

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Dude this is going to turn out nice!! im highly jelous of you, having the skills and they space to do this!

oh and those 315's looked fucking mint!!! if they were able to fit..... omg....

PSN: Rcp_soundz

Good rule of thump is go by what fuse size is being used in these amps. The higher the more amperage it pulls, this is what I look at.

I'll stick a 300 amp fuse in a potato and sell it to you for $2k.

1991 Mazda 323VERY small build thread here: http://www.stevemead...23-small-build/

Very cool build! And, it's gotta be pretty cool to have your girl help, and know what she is doing!

And it's an old school Stang, yeah I'm tuned in! :popcorn:

Thanks, and yea, shes a big help.

Dude this is going to turn out nice!! im highly jelous of you, having the skills and they space to do this!

oh and those 315's looked fucking mint!!! if they were able to fit..... omg....

Eh, I didn't have skills when I started this project almost 6 years ago. Just built them from there. Some things ive had to redo due to this, but its just part of the path to awesome.

They definitely were mint. A buddy of mine's dad tried putting them on his corvette but then wasn't happy with them. They sat around in his basement until he was tired of seeing them, at which point he decided to give them up. Unfortunately another buddy of mine claimed them before I could. However, they probably aren't perfect for my car but they are pretty much perfect for his camaro, so I guess technically its better. Ill probably jump for some 295's or so. Not sure its worth the extra work for just another 2 cm.

Archived