Anyone else have a modification they keep doing over and over because it keeps getting fucked up somehow?

For me, its these god damn fog lights. No matter what kind I buy, they crack like its their job. I've blown through about 5 sets in the two years. Thats absolutely ridiculous.

I went for the ebay cheap shit first, those exploded. then i wasted about 300 bucks on OEM ones from the dealership. lasted a bit longer, but those also eventually cracked. Since then its been a parade of different brands and assorted prices and absolutely none of them last more than a couple of months. I'm at the point now where I want to just get some projectors off another car and fab up a bracket. Enough is enough right?

My buddy has the same kind of problem with the leds in his license plate lights. they blow out CONSTANTLY, and we've tried every different brand, we checked the wiring, the fusing, you name it. His car eats leds, mine eats fogs. And at 50-100 bucks a pop, i cant deal with my car being so hungry.

The housing, not the bulbs?

What bulbs are you running in there? Could be getting too hot?

yeah i thought of that believe me. i ran stock halogens, 8k HIDs, 6k HIDs and fuckin LED bulbs that were shit for brightness but barely heated up just so i could test it. Its the housing itself. the way they're designed is idiotic, the whole thing boils the thin glass lens so when a drop of water gets on it it shatters. Its because the damn bulb is only 1/2 inch from the lens itself.

:shrug:

In some incredible stroke of luck, I just found a different kind of fog lights for my car, the ones off the japan only version. they look alot sturdier, made of plastic... could be worth a shot. I definitely dont have 120 bucks for them right now though.

Damn, that's insane, especially you trying the led's. I could see how hid's could cook em, but no way in hell that the led's should. The stock halogens should be hotter than them. Is there any way to warranty them?

If it were me, I would say start finding one that's a proven winner, or some even at a junk yard, and then fab a bracket, but fab it to connect to the existing bracket so youu dont have to worry about connecting to the bumper itself.

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback

I won't actually have to cut the bumper at all, just make a bracket to attach the new fog to the existing insert. or get these new ones that take up the whole space.

regardless, i shouldnt be bitching about this anyway. the fogs are bright and look good but they aren't a crucial component to the vehicle.