Question about Audacity!! pretty please??

Hey guys, i´ve learned how to use audacity so far thanks to people on this forum, specially with great inputs from my boy bigpimpin, anyways, i´ve used funny ass songs for hairtricks by just adding tones on them since the original song doesn´t have any bass, something stupid like 3dbs hehe. Said that, i do have a few songs wich i love the lyrics but the frequency is way higher than where my car peaks, for example, reaggeton and all kind of latin music.

I would love to do 2 things:

1) eliminate the original bass and just add some tones.

2) Been able to raise or drop the peak frequency of the song but using the same original bass line without slowing or getting the song faster wich are the only ways i know to change the peak frequency of a song.

Thanks a lot for your help guys!

P.S: I tried bass boosting the frequency i wanted but the peak remains the same and starts to soung like crap!

Edited by fecupe2001

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Pretty much best way to go is get rid of the original bass line and make you're own, you can just change the pitch of the lower frequencies but it sounds like ass IMO lol.....to get rid of the bass all you do is run a high pass filter from about 120Hz or whatever you want and set the db cutoff to like 48 or whatever the highest is :) then add tones :good:

Pretty much best way to go is get rid of the original bass line and make you're own, you can just change the pitch of the lower frequencies but it sounds like ass IMO lol.....to get rid of the bass all you do is run a high pass filter from about 120Hz or whatever you want and set the db cutoff to like 48 or whatever the highest is :) then add tones :good:

thanks for the input man, dude i tried that the last time and the song was crap lol, sounded horrible even when i added the new tone :(

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

trial and error like SPL? hehe ok i guess i have to try that, thanks a lot hommie...

when using audacity music can be 0-30, 30 being the loudest

so after you HPF the entire song at ~100-120hz @ -36/48db u will be left with the mids and highs

lets say your mids and highs account for 12db of the 30db at a loud spot... this means u cannot add new bass on top louder than 18db (-12db if u are creating a sine wave using the generator) anything louder than 18db will clip the song

think of music as a wave, but theres a ceiling only allowing a 30ft wave... if u try to send a 35ft wave 5ft of it will be cut or clipped off the top, and that is clipping/distortion

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

so after you HPF the entire song at ~100-120hz @ -36/48db u will be left with the mids and highs

lets say your mids and highs account for 12db of the 30db at a loud spot... this means u cannot add new bass on top louder than 18db (-12db if u are creating a sine wave using the generator) anything louder than 18db will clip the song

think of music as a wave, but theres a ceiling only allowing a 30ft wave... if u try to send a 35ft wave 5ft of it will be cut or clipped off the top, and that is clipping/distortion

never thought of it like that.....thanks for the info decaf :good:

Lowering the bass track's peak frequencies is primarily what I do for my custom songs.

I simply make a duplicate of the track in audacity (select the track and hit ctrl+D) and get two tracks.

Then I use HPF at about 120Hz/48dB slope on one track. Then I use LPF about 100Hz/48dB slope on the other.

Then I select the whole bass track, check peak frequencies and lower the pitch of the bass track to get it to the desired frequencies using the 'change pitch' effect.

After that it starts to get tricky. I mess around with the 'amplify' tool and get the two tracks to volumes that will merge together without causing distortion, but still leave it with a good mixture of bass and treble when I put them together using the 'mix and render' tool under the 'tracks' tab.

Then I do a little bass boosting to get the most out of the track that I can. I constantly export the MP3 and check it with the oscope visualization in windows media player. I play the first rendered version, then if it's clean, bass boost a couple dBs. Check that new track, if clean, repeat. If not, undo bass boosting and try 1 dB boost at a time.

The only problem with this method is the track can very easily lose sound quality.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Damn good info sir. Definitely taking notes.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

So much to learn. So so much.

I'm also just learning how to work audacity (and mod music for that matter). It's quite an amazing little piece of freeware imo. I'm already having a blast and I know almost nothing. I need to find some solid sources on advanced use of audacity.

Now to try Autruche' method..

Thanks for the idea. I've been doing mine a band at a time - single song.

RJ

I screw and tune music a bit for fun. All uploads clip free from 60ish down to under 5hz (all music). Everything from 80's hip-hop to modern stuff. More genres coming soon! Feedback appreciated

2ljj1wp.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/RacinJason1971