Second Skin Audio

Check it over

Well my last topic no one replied after a bump, but this topic addresses something else. I believe I finally have a good design, I am going to get all my supplies on thursday and only will have access to a table saw on that day to. So I just want to make sure everything is good before I build it. I am open to listen to anyone suggestions and constructive criticism. Also before you look at it, I will have 1 sub inverted and 1 normal, this was the only way I could find the calc to spit out the Hz and Net Vol I wanted.

boxfh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edit: I looked at the "Help" on the calc and have a question.

7 - Port length uses the box wall or baffle(s) as part of the port length. So a port that is 10" long with one baffle using .75"

wood will only need to be 9.25" long as the box wall or baffle(s) will account for the other .75". If using two baffles,

then it would be 8.5" long as the baffle will account for 1.5" of port length.

I am going to have the sides of the box as 14.5" to accomedate the 1.5" from the top and bottom boards. Its 28.5" of port length with 2.25" width. So I have from the top 12.25" down, then 16.26" across to create my L port. So a baffle if I am correct, is the speaker holes? If not, then what because Like this topic was made, want to make sure everything is right.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

bump

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Bump, please I am only going to have access to a table saw tommarow so i need to know about this if it is correct.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

bump

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i'll bump it for you too considering i'm not entirely sure of the answer here

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

Glad to see no one still posted, but I built the box, and WOW holy shit is it slamming. If only I had my old amp I would be rattling windows.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm