Look what's going to be powering my DC 3.5k

i guess just depends what he quoted you honestly cuzi had a better price then the "big hog battery" place but good luck with that remember if you drop voltage wise you can always get a high output alternator instead of more weight with another battery

Yeah but im not really trying to drop $450 on a HO alternator.

2015 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack

audio coming soon

You will learn. Batteries don't create power out of air, and once reserve has been depleted, it will fall to the alternator to keep charging.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You will learn. Batteries don't create power out of air, and once reserve has been depleted, it will fall to the alternator to keep charging.

I understand I should probably upgrade my alternator but the stock one is 145amps you don't think that would be alright temporarily??

audio coming soon

Max amps? So 145 at so and so RPMs, but also still powering your car as well. You're going to be able to power but you're also going to have massive voltage drop. The lower you drop the less power you put out, until you get to a point where you risk actual damage to your equipment. Big 3 and do what you're going to do anyways, but know that you should be safe.

Max amps? So 145 at so and so RPMs, but also still powering your car as well. You're going to be able to power but you're also going to have massive voltage drop. The lower you drop the less power you put out, until you get to a point where you risk actual damage to your equipment. Big 3 and do what you're going to do anyways, but know that you should be safe.

I'm already planning on doing the big 3, how low of volts would you say can damage your amp/sub? my buddy has two 18xls with sundown 1500s to both of them on a stock alt and drops to 10-11 at idle. I know that's not good at all but im just surprised nothing has fried yet. If im in the 13-12 range i'll be happy until I get a HO alt.

audio coming soon

Hard to say, there's no magic number that once hit you can expect poof. I've had amps run low 9s and still going, some dropping to 10s that couldn't hang.

Just monitor so you'll know when to back off. Some people like myself, hate dropping below 14 volts.

Hard to say, there's no magic number that once hit you can expect poof. I've had amps run low 9s and still going, some dropping to 10s that couldn't hang.

Just monitor so you'll know when to back off. Some people like myself, hate dropping below 14 volts.

Yeah i'll keep an eye on it for sure. Later down the road i'll probably end up getting a HO alternator. But thanks for the input/advice! :drinks:

audio coming soon

DC Power's PRO line is pretty affordable. Not exactly excellent idle output, but good top end output.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

DC Power's PRO line is pretty affordable. Not exactly excellent idle output, but good top end output.

Thanks for lookin out, im going to check into these right now.

audio coming soon