Sundown Audio

Choosing amp for components

I was wondering what kind of amp (Brand, Model, Wattage, Channels) I should get to power two sets of these components My link . I know I'm asking for a lot but I'm new to this I'm trying to learn/teach myself about car audio.

Also, If I was to run an amp to these components would I run it to the tweets along with the 6.5's? or do you run the amp to the crossover and that splits the power? #clueless.

Edited by Str8Bumpin

Get a 2 channel amp, like a sundown sax 125.2 and run each side off it's own channel. The crossover will distribute the power. All you have to do is set the subsonic/high-pass filter on the amp to your liking and the crossover will take care of the rest.

Edit: Oops my bad, didn't see you said 2 sets of the comps.

Edited by DannyV18

Didn't catch that you wanted 2 sets of components. Why 2 sets though?

I was thinking about running one set per door. do you think that'd be overkill if I had some decent 12's or 15's? I'm not sure what brand yet I just know that my shitty Kenwood KFC-W3012 12"s aren't cutting it. One more question would these be 2 or 4 ohm?

When they say a set of components, you know they mean 2 woofers and 2 tweeters right?

If aligned correctly, one set can get pretty loud. I don't know if they would "keep up" with a couple 12's or 15's, but they would do pretty well IMO.

The headroom from running 2 sets would be nice though. Are you fiberglassing your doors?

Most car audio comp sets are 4 ohms.

Edited by DannyV18