Second Skin Audio

Box for the CR-Z

DRauck

I plan on eventually buying a system for my CR-Z. The biggest box I can fit is about 5 gross cubic feet so roughly 4 cubic feet after displacements. Sound quality is my first priority, but being loud is something I wouldn't mind as my last system involved a SoloX 18. Suggestions?

I'm corrolating (sp?) with a local audio shop and they're thinking either 2 Rockford Fosgate T2 12"s, or 3 RF T1 12"s. But there's probably subs out there that would be more suited for what I'm looking for and possibly cheaper. I have a t20001bd right now, but I'd be willing to switch to a more powerful or less powerful amp to suit my needs (and downgrading wouldn't bother me as it would be less strain on my electrical system). Budget isn't an issue here.

And in before "wall it"... lol sorry guys but it's not going to happen in this car :shrug:

Edit: I forgot to mention I'm fine ported or sealed. 3 T1's would be sealed, 2 T2's would be ported.

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

2 10's subs forward port back

Subs facing the front of the car and port facing the rear in a hatchback? I don't think I've ever seen a box built that way. Interesting

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

it's the style all the loud crx's use. the cr-z looks similar so good way to start. 10's make sure your box is still short enough to allow airflow around the box

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived