Sonic Electronix

So I am new here and new to car audio. I have a general knowledge but I do have some questions.

So I have a 2000 Ford explorer and I want to spend no more than $1500. I want a Fi btl 15 or 18. They seem like pretty decent woofers for the money. I would like to power it with about 2500-3000rms but not sure what I will need electrically. I like the aq 2200 and was thinking of trying to run it at 16 volts but not sure how I would accomplish that. I dont want to spend money on an alt cause I'm probably getting a silverado soon but I want to transfer it all to it. I wouldn't mind making a new box though. Also, one of my buddies is one of SSA sales Rep and he can get me an 18 xcons for like $350. I wouldn't mind going that route but prefer the btl.

So other amp suggestions?

How can I run it at 16v?

How many batteries am I looking at?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by roony4000

So I am new here and new to car audio. I have a general knowledge but I do have some questions.

So I have a 2000 Ford explorer and I want to spend no more than $1500. I want a Fi btl 15 or 18. They seem like pretty decent woofers for the money. I would like to power it with about 2500-3000rms but not sure what I will need electrically. I like the aq 2200 and was thinking of trying to run it at 16 volts but not sure how I would accomplish that. I dont want to spend money on an alt cause I'm probably getting a silverado soon but I want to transfer it all to it. I wouldn't mind making a new box though. Also, one of my buddies is one of SSA sales Rep and he can get me an 18 xcons for like $350. I wouldn't mind going that route but prefer the btl.

So other amp suggestions?

How can I run it at 16v?

How many batteries am I looking at?

Thanks in advance.

1. Crescendo and audioque would both be good. Look into those. they are decent for the money

2. I wouldnt suggest 16 volt for daily? i believe

3. Biggest battery under the hood and a one big battery in back and big three should probably do it but to help sustain voltage you need to upgrade your alt

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

If you have to ask how to run 16 volts don't do it until you get more knowledge. And if you're friend is a sales rep see if he can get you a deal on those Zcons!

But the AQ2200 will run it nice, just get the biggest XS batt you can fit under the hood, and one or two XS D3100s for the back.

Make sure you do the big 3 in all 0 gauge also.

Edit - I hate you Winn lol, but seriously look into them Zcons they are pretty nasty for what what everyone says and by the looks of the Vids.

Edited by Vitacy

For your budget, I'd be talking to your rep buddy as much as possible. That's a meager budget that may go quicker than you guessed.

I screw and tune music a bit for fun. All uploads clip free from 60ish down to under 5hz (all music). Everything from 80's hip-hop to modern stuff. More genres coming soon! Feedback appreciated

2ljj1wp.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/user/RacinJason1971

Damn you guys are quick! And I thought the xcons were their best. Or did they just come out with zcons. And I definitely wont be running at 16v daily. Do you guys think I can get it all for $1500. I would like a pioneer 5.8 touch. And what about 2 ap1800 and strap em?

Well I dont want to buy an alt only to get rid of the car 4 months later or so. But I only want to do it right and good. And I am really liking that crescendo. They do rated from what I heard. And they are .5 ohm stable? I would need a dual 1 sub for that if I understand correctly.

Sweet. Think I should go with the 15? Less wood and it will be easier to fit in the silverado. I would eventually like to have 2 15s or 2 18s in it. But thats far away, just trying to make my dolla count. How much rms can a fully loaded btl take daily? And would there be a difference between 15 and 18?

Thanks again for all your help!