Ground Pounder Dodge Dakota?

^^^ I has Dakota as well. Dakotas FTW! Lol :)

i see in your sig your doing 2 18's in your dakota? you must either be walling it, or have the full 4 door crew cab, cause i just have the club cab and the only way i could do 2 18's is if i walled it completely and even then the box would be on the small side, thats why i just went with 1 18 and even then its gonna be just a bit above the rear window line.

because believe me, 2 18's definatly crossed my mind, but i figured it isnt really feasible for a daily driver.

No wall, below the window line, Club Cab 8)

Ill tell you, I'm having to squeeze every inch of space I can for it, but it can be done. I've made a design or two already, and I have just enough space for 2 18s.

wow thats impressive, because i was gonna do a box, 35 high, 47 wide and 15 deep and after displacements it was only gonna be like 5 cubes per sub, and honestly that didnt seem like it was gonna be enough, so i just decided on a proper box for 1 18, but who knows next year i might wall it with another 18 BTL, cause i could go even higher then 35 inches, that was just a non wall limit to be able to still see a bit out of the back window.

whats your box dimensions gonna be? im curious :) and actually if i remember right my 2002 had the same style body as yours does and that had more room then my new one, i think in 2004 or 2005 they made the extended cab portion a bit smaller.

Wow, 35H is more than my Dakota, I can only get 30H to the window line. I've removed all paneling and have 30Hx57Wx20D to work with. I don't know my box design dimensions off hand, will be getting Ray to design a box once I get the money together, and I'll compare both. My design leaves me with 6.0x per sub with 16.xx sqin per cube.

Hey Curtdakota could you show me some pictures of your enclosure with the 2 15's?

What were all the demensions?

I wanted to build an enclosure that will not block my rear window.

Also which way should my port face and subs(forward, up, side)?

I know its a dumb question but i am just curious.

I like them facing forward so I can put like my backpack on top of the box.

What do you all think?

My Dakota was louder sub up/port up compared to sub forward/port forward. That's the only placement I've tested with, so you can try sub forward/port upward or vice versa and see how you like it.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/492722-2-15s-dodge-dakota.html is the link to my old build, sorry its not on this site :( but there it is if you want to look at it. about half way down the first page i have a video link if you want to watch that also.

i think my box dimensions for that were 45 wide, 15 deep and 23" tall, i dont remember exactly but thats pretty close to what it was

My max dimensions are 57w x 30h x 20d. You must not have taken your trim panels off. Also, I'm a small guy, so I don't need much room. :D

in my 2002, i took the back trim panel off and exposed the bare metal which i covered with damp pro, and i took out the back seats and that plastic thing that the seats sat on, but i left on the side panels, as you can see from the pics my box was 45" wide, and i had about 6 inches on each side of room i could of went wider, but in my 2005 dakota i have now, 47 wide is the max i can go, it literally will be touching the wall on both sides of the truck at 47" wide, i dont know what they did but they made it alot smaller back there, and i didnt even realize that when i had bought it, cause it looked the same.

im basically at 6' tall, and the way i like to sit kind of limits my box depth, because while i love my bass, i also love driving comfortable, so i can only go maybe 15 or 16 inches deep on the box and still be comfortable.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/492722-2-15s-dodge-dakota.html is the link to my old build, sorry its not on this site :( but there it is if you want to look at it. about half way down the first page i have a video link if you want to watch that also.

i think my box dimensions for that were 45 wide, 15 deep and 23" tall, i dont remember exactly but thats pretty close to what it was

Awesome!

Thanks for the info!

Were you ever able to do hairtricks with the 2 15's?

My max dimensions are 57w x 30h x 20d. You must not have taken your trim panels off. Also, I'm a small guy, so I don't need much room. :D

What kind of set-up do you have in your dakota?

What would be my max dimensions if I were to keep my back and side panels on?

I already removed the rear seats.

Here is my current set-up(minus crappy amp. Now a RE amp).

DSCF0371.jpg

DSCF0372.jpg

With back and side panels on, you could probably go 47w x however tall x ~19 deep. Just measure it :D and I don't have a system in mine yet, but I had two lvl 5 18"s and plan to get three sets of RF t1 comp sets, an AQ 90x4, 2 Crescendo BC3500, and a 270 amp mechman. I've talked to you before, me and supercharged dcs are brothers, I've used his account before I made this one.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

yeah i was able to do so-so hair tricks, i mean nothing like the guys with like 4 18's obviously, but i was impressed for what it was, i think the small cabin really helped.

but one thing i will say, all sealed up it was very disappointing, but the second you rolled the windows down or opened a door, all hell broke loose, it didnt even seem like the same system, ive never seen such a drastic change in volume before.

Archived