porksoda Posted June 7, 2011 Report Posted June 7, 2011 Well after doing lots of research I figured out this is what I have been wanting to be a "ground pounder". I am have a 1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab. I have my rear seats already removed. I currently have 2 12" JL W3v2's in a ported box. My plans are to get into 2 15's. I am still undecided on what to go with. I am looking at DC LVL3's, Sundown SA-15's, AQ HD315's, AQ 2.5 15's. I am still doing research on other 15's. I am open to other woofers. I like the price range I am in now (around $250 or cheaper). As for amps I am looking at the AQ1200D, AQ2200D, Audiopipe 12001d, Audiopipe 18001d, and Audiopipe 30001d. I cant decide if i should spend extra and get a pair of 1000 watt rms woofers or stick with a pair of 600 watt rms woofers. Will there be any actual huge differences? As for an enclosure what would be suggested? Thanks for all the help! My truck build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111744-1998-dodge-dakota-build/page__pid__1565536#entry1565536 AlphaDamp CLD Mats - Get more sound deadening using less sound deadener
porksoda Posted June 11, 2011 Author Report Posted June 11, 2011 Here are my new DC Audio Level 3 15's that came in today! This is a comparison picture with my RE Audio SRi 10". My truck build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111744-1998-dodge-dakota-build/page__pid__1565536#entry1565536 AlphaDamp CLD Mats - Get more sound deadening using less sound deadener
hdorre Posted June 11, 2011 Report Posted June 11, 2011 Nice murdered out DCs On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said: On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said: It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15 LMFAO so true Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build) Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium 2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power My Official Feedback Thread
curtdakota Posted June 13, 2011 Report Posted June 13, 2011 nice Dakota, glad to see someone else on here with one, i had a 2002 dakota that i crashed, and i recently got a 2005 dakota, i had 2 AQ sdc2.5 15's in my old dakota, which probably wasn't as loud as your lvl 3's will be, but for what it was, i was happy with the output. on a side note, i cant wait for my BTL 18 fully loaded to show up!
Supercharged DCs Posted June 13, 2011 Report Posted June 13, 2011 ^^^ I has Dakota as well. Dakotas FTW! Lol Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.
curtdakota Posted June 13, 2011 Report Posted June 13, 2011 ^^^ I has Dakota as well. Dakotas FTW! Lol i see in your sig your doing 2 18's in your dakota? you must either be walling it, or have the full 4 door crew cab, cause i just have the club cab and the only way i could do 2 18's is if i walled it completely and even then the box would be on the small side, thats why i just went with 1 18 and even then its gonna be just a bit above the rear window line. because believe me, 2 18's definatly crossed my mind, but i figured it isnt really feasible for a daily driver.
Supercharged DCs Posted June 13, 2011 Report Posted June 13, 2011 ^^^ I has Dakota as well. Dakotas FTW! Lol i see in your sig your doing 2 18's in your dakota? you must either be walling it, or have the full 4 door crew cab, cause i just have the club cab and the only way i could do 2 18's is if i walled it completely and even then the box would be on the small side, thats why i just went with 1 18 and even then its gonna be just a bit above the rear window line. because believe me, 2 18's definatly crossed my mind, but i figured it isnt really feasible for a daily driver. No wall, below the window line, Club Cab Ill tell you, I'm having to squeeze every inch of space I can for it, but it can be done. I've made a design or two already, and I have just enough space for 2 18s. Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.
curtdakota Posted June 14, 2011 Report Posted June 14, 2011 ^^^ I has Dakota as well. Dakotas FTW! Lol i see in your sig your doing 2 18's in your dakota? you must either be walling it, or have the full 4 door crew cab, cause i just have the club cab and the only way i could do 2 18's is if i walled it completely and even then the box would be on the small side, thats why i just went with 1 18 and even then its gonna be just a bit above the rear window line. because believe me, 2 18's definatly crossed my mind, but i figured it isnt really feasible for a daily driver. No wall, below the window line, Club Cab Ill tell you, I'm having to squeeze every inch of space I can for it, but it can be done. I've made a design or two already, and I have just enough space for 2 18s. wow thats impressive, because i was gonna do a box, 35 high, 47 wide and 15 deep and after displacements it was only gonna be like 5 cubes per sub, and honestly that didnt seem like it was gonna be enough, so i just decided on a proper box for 1 18, but who knows next year i might wall it with another 18 BTL, cause i could go even higher then 35 inches, that was just a non wall limit to be able to still see a bit out of the back window. whats your box dimensions gonna be? im curious and actually if i remember right my 2002 had the same style body as yours does and that had more room then my new one, i think in 2004 or 2005 they made the extended cab portion a bit smaller.
porksoda Posted June 14, 2011 Author Report Posted June 14, 2011 Hey Curtdakota could you show me some pictures of your enclosure with the 2 15's? What were all the demensions? I wanted to build an enclosure that will not block my rear window. Also which way should my port face and subs(forward, up, side)? I know its a dumb question but i am just curious. I like them facing forward so I can put like my backpack on top of the box. What do you all think? My truck build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/111744-1998-dodge-dakota-build/page__pid__1565536#entry1565536 AlphaDamp CLD Mats - Get more sound deadening using less sound deadener
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.