Ground Pounder Dodge Dakota?

Well after doing lots of research I figured out this is what I have been wanting to be a "ground pounder".

I am have a 1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab. I have my rear seats already removed. I currently have 2 12" JL W3v2's in a ported box.

My plans are to get into 2 15's. I am still undecided on what to go with.

I am looking at DC LVL3's, Sundown SA-15's, AQ HD315's, AQ 2.5 15's. I am still doing research on other 15's. I am open to other woofers. I like the price range I am in now (around $250 or cheaper).

As for amps I am looking at the AQ1200D, AQ2200D, Audiopipe 12001d, Audiopipe 18001d, and Audiopipe 30001d.

I cant decide if i should spend extra and get a pair of 1000 watt rms woofers or stick with a pair of 600 watt rms woofers.

Will there be any actual huge differences?

As for an enclosure what would be suggested?

Thanks for all the help!

Nice murdered out DCs

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

nice Dakota, glad to see someone else on here with one, i had a 2002 dakota that i crashed, and i recently got a 2005 dakota, i had 2 AQ sdc2.5 15's in my old dakota, which probably wasn't as loud as your lvl 3's will be, but for what it was, i was happy with the output.

on a side note, i cant wait for my BTL 18 fully loaded to show up! :)

^^^ I has Dakota as well. Dakotas FTW! Lol :)

i see in your sig your doing 2 18's in your dakota? you must either be walling it, or have the full 4 door crew cab, cause i just have the club cab and the only way i could do 2 18's is if i walled it completely and even then the box would be on the small side, thats why i just went with 1 18 and even then its gonna be just a bit above the rear window line.

because believe me, 2 18's definatly crossed my mind, but i figured it isnt really feasible for a daily driver.

i see in your sig your doing 2 18's in your dakota? you must either be walling it, or have the full 4 door crew cab, cause i just have the club cab and the only way i could do 2 18's is if i walled it completely and even then the box would be on the small side, thats why i just went with 1 18 and even then its gonna be just a bit above the rear window line.

because believe me, 2 18's definatly crossed my mind, but i figured it isnt really feasible for a daily driver.

No wall, below the window line, Club Cab 8)

Ill tell you, I'm having to squeeze every inch of space I can for it, but it can be done. I've made a design or two already, and I have just enough space for 2 18s.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

No wall, below the window line, Club Cab 8)

Ill tell you, I'm having to squeeze every inch of space I can for it, but it can be done. I've made a design or two already, and I have just enough space for 2 18s.

wow thats impressive, because i was gonna do a box, 35 high, 47 wide and 15 deep and after displacements it was only gonna be like 5 cubes per sub, and honestly that didnt seem like it was gonna be enough, so i just decided on a proper box for 1 18, but who knows next year i might wall it with another 18 BTL, cause i could go even higher then 35 inches, that was just a non wall limit to be able to still see a bit out of the back window.

whats your box dimensions gonna be? im curious :) and actually if i remember right my 2002 had the same style body as yours does and that had more room then my new one, i think in 2004 or 2005 they made the extended cab portion a bit smaller.

Hey Curtdakota could you show me some pictures of your enclosure with the 2 15's?

What were all the demensions?

I wanted to build an enclosure that will not block my rear window.

Also which way should my port face and subs(forward, up, side)?

I know its a dumb question but i am just curious.

I like them facing forward so I can put like my backpack on top of the box.

What do you all think?

Archived