1999 Audi A4th order Trunk Build Video Pg 7

Its pretty sealed off from the trunk right now with all those towels but im gonna build a trim panel for it soon. I dont know if I want to build a new box for it yet or just upgrade my subs and build a new box at the same time. Thanks for the input though!

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

You will most likely notice a difference when you open your trunk. You rear deck is most likely full of holes and allows pressure to be leaked back into the trunk. If you plan to keep the box sitting there you may want to consider sealing up the rear deck lid and also use something better around the box than towels. I have my box facing the same direction and I have run into all kids of issues getting shit sealed off and am still fighting with the shit lol.

Since were all having a moment of truth.

I hate country too..

I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.

No problem mate. And everything else looks fine. I have that same radio, the pre-outs aren't the greatest, atleast on mine :(

yeah its only got one preout but when i hooked up the Kicker KX3 crossover it split the outputs so i could hook up my rear and my subs amp and definitely boosted the voltage on them.

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

You will most likely notice a difference when you open your trunk. You rear deck is most likely full of holes and allows pressure to be leaked back into the trunk. If you plan to keep the box sitting there you may want to consider sealing up the rear deck lid and also use something better around the box than towels. I have my box facing the same direction and I have run into all kids of issues getting shit sealed off and am still fighting with the shit lol.

The rear deck is full of holes but I have a lot of towels packed in there to the point of my rear deck where there's no more holes. Its probably not perfect but it doesnt leak much air at all, if any. Its got probably 15 of those small blue and white hotel towels stuffed in there and 2 big beach towels

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

haha the 2 golf clubs and a machete are a necessity!

ive been out of town but i just got back so there will be a few updates coming soon

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

I love it :P Possibly because I got the SAME car, similar setup and almost the same headunit too lol! Is it much better to have the woofers and the port facing the rear or the front of the car? My box is too big to move around and test shit out so I'll have to count on what u think.

Also, why would you need a machete? :ehh:

Check out my build log!

Any issues with the subs firing directly in to the amps on the back of the seats (vibration)?

Big 3 with 1/0 welding cable, dual runs of 1/0 and 2gua F-R

DD 2512 D2 powered by Audioque 1200d at 1ohm, 2.5ft^3 ported to 36Hz

Boston SX 6.0 comps powered by Phoenix Gold M50 for front stage

Silver Flute 8" midbass in doors powered by Alpine 3539

Alpine CDA-117 HU

I love it :P Possibly because I got the SAME car, similar setup and almost the same headunit too lol! Is it much better to have the woofers and the port facing the rear or the front of the car? My box is too big to move around and test shit out so I'll have to count on what u think.

Also, why would you need a machete? :ehh:

yeah i was looking at your build! i like it much better with the subs facing forward. what i did to turn them around was just push the box into the main part of the trunk and rotate it in there.

we do have almost the same setup! we even used the same clamps to hold down the wires haha

and the machete was just there for the picture

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Archived