this thing is begging for a supercharger

Haha I wish I could afford one. 500+ hp would be pretty fun.

Good looking car man.you know if you put the sub and port facing back it would sound louder thats if your seats fold just a little suggeston to try but other than that who wouldn't like to go fast ass hell and sound loud doing it

Unfortunately the GTO has the gas tank in the way of the back seats. I have had the seats out before and the bass seems louder without them. But it still has a metal plate separating the trunk and interior. It does have a couple port looking things and the air and sound passes through them pretty well.

6210974875_6968a82b8e_b.jpg

6211488066_4603a2dac2_b.jpg

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz

Check Out my build log

Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny

Dude, I could take a look at your trunk and maybe help ya with a good/efficient box design. If theirs any way to have sub back port side I see that being a good option. But it's a 15" soo idk if you have the height in your trunk to do that. Your box is a prefab right?

145.9@40hz

145.3@34hz

big 3

X2 group 34

Deka Group 31

All 0/1 awg jl meta wire

Alpine CDA 7894

Orion HCCA D5000

2 AQ HDC312's

Crunch gpv1100.2 (for 6.5"s only)

AQ pro audio 6.5" - 3 sets

AQ supertweeters - 2 sets

2000 Slamry

• 3 weeks later...

6274785929_eaed791e50_b.jpg my license plate with deadener on it.

6275313948_491fb37d52_b.jpg my trunk lid with a layer of Alpha Damp.

Nearly all the rattles have stopped on the outside of the car. I need to put some deadener between my brake light on my spoiler and the spoiler because it seems to be the last thing rattling a lot.

Check Out my build log

• 1 month later...

Since I last posted in this thread I have deadened my trunk lid and tied off all the wires within it(this really made a surprising difference). I also deadened the inside black piece of plastic in the center of my dash and finally the underside of my brake light on my back shelf. My car still does not sound 100% clear but its better than it was and on the outside it is rattle free. I still plan to deaden at least my back shelf. I have been throwing lots of ideas around in my head so deadening my back shelf may wait until I decide what I am going to do.

Check Out my build log

• 4 weeks later...

Some bad news with my system but I think it will lead to good news.

Bad news: I blew my Alpine Type R 15". How? I'm not quite sure definitely not overpowering it at 400 watts RMS... I'm guessing too much decaf, bigpimpin, and djsnt in combination with it being old.

Ehh news: I bought 2 Pioneer 12's from Meijer just to experiment with and give me some bass until I figure out what I truly want to do. I ordered a box from Audiosavings.com and am waiting for it to get back to bass.

Good News: A new build should be coming. I am 18 so like this build it will probably just slowly progress because between school and lack of $$$ It can be hard to buy stuff for my car.

Other than blowing my sub not much has changed with the car its pretty much ready for winter it's got some new snow tires, and I also sound deadened my back shelf and removed some factory insulation and it was sounding so clean before the sub died.

Other news is that I should be converting most of the outside lights to H.I.D. or l.e.d. I plan on getting DDM tuning 6000k H.I.D.s 55w for my headlights and 35w for my foglights. I am also going to get l.e.d. license plate lights, sidemarkers, and reverse lights. The sidemarkers will be amber and the rest will be about 7500k.

Check Out my build log

ONE QUESTION

I am planning on building my own box for my next set up. Should I wrap it in carpet that matches my trunk. Or red suede to match my door panels?

Here is a pic of my car with the doors open:

5566368287_df6abda06d_b.jpg

My next box will probably go from 1 trunk lid arm to the other. I think I want to go with 1 15 again because after listening to several of my friends' cars with 10's and 12's I think I like the sound of a single 15 the best and I think it is about the largest sub I can fit in my trunk without major modification.

more pics of my car can be found on page 1 of this thread.

Check Out my build log

Here are some pictures of my 12s:

6637259955_b9fd1ecf8a_b.jpg

6637256699_1b23b9437d_b.jpg

A pic of my backshelf deadening:

Not bad for my first time?

6637253005_853d0562d5_b.jpg

Found Second Skin deadener(or what looked like it) After trying to pull a small piece off I am very glad if this is Second Skin that I went with Second Skin:

6637250375_b99bb8f86a_b.jpg

Check Out my build log

Archived