I needed some new brakes for a while now and now i have the money to get some after my system was paid off. I have soft spts on mine now and have little pad left. I was looking to upgrade to some nice drilled rotors with some nice calipers for my 2002 Buick regal. I dont know much about brakes, so could you guys tell me some good brands that i should look into?

Car: 2002 Buick Regal

Wiring: Knu Kolossus 1/0 + JL 4 Gauge

Big 3: Stinger HPM 1/0

Alternator: Stock 135 Amp

Batterys: Optima RedTop (Hood) XS D3100 (Trunk)

HeadUnit: Pioneer DEH-4200UB

Subs: (2) AQ HDC3 12's

Sub Amp: AQ 2200D

Sub Box: 4.6 Cubes @ 36hz

Mids & Highs: (Front) Rockford Fosgate Power T1693 3-Way 6x9's

Mids & Highs: (Rear ) Rockford Fosgate Power T152S 2-Way Component 5.25"

Speaker Amp: AQ4x90

Sound Dampener : 75 Ft Fatmat

You have no need for any type of rotor "upgrade". Just stick with the stock replacement. But I'd suggest ceramic pads. Little better breaking power, tend to last longer, and way less brake dust. Autozone is a great place to buy brake pads. Lifetime warranty for as long as you own the vehicle they will replace the pads at no cost to you.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

• 1 month later...

i have heard drilled rotor can crack. Since you are not racing on the track. I suggest you don't get it. Try slotted rotor instead.

Drilled rotors and slotted rotors will both crack but not under normal street use. Track use will crack them up.

You have no need for any type of rotor "upgrade". Just stick with the stock replacement. But I'd suggest ceramic pads. Little better breaking power, tend to last longer, and way less brake dust. Autozone is a great place to buy brake pads. Lifetime warranty for as long as you own the vehicle they will replace the pads at no cost to you.

Agreed 100%

2004 Pontiac GTO- bolt ons, bagged, CCW's, SQzzz

Check Out my build log

Follow me on IG: @watsupitsdenny

i have heard drilled rotor can crack. Since you are not racing on the track. I suggest you don't get it. Try slotted rotor instead.

Drilled rotors and slotted rotors will both crack but not under normal street use. Track use will crack them up.

False. Drilled rotors WILL crack even under street use because the drilling of holes in the metal creates stress risers that then fracture over time. I have never heard of slotteds cracking.

Too many projects, too little time...

• 1 month later...

IMO get them from summit racing, if ur going slotted/drilled rotors

they WONT be a crazy upgrade but i would take a slotted/drilled rotor over a stock one

then make sure u dont cheap out on the pads, i usually run the $60 ones from Autozone.

u can always save the money and replace them with oem, cheap pads...BUT ur replacing it so why not go with something better