Sonic Electronix

Yes Supercharged DC hes cool LOL I understand both points.... But I really do need all the help and money saving I can get. I really have a budget and I really want the sound I know I have to sacrifice If I want the sound but I dont want to spend an arm and a Leg really. Well we can upgrade what I have or go with 10s if it will be a little cheaper... Bottom Line I dont want to spend alot. By alot I mean If I can get a great sounding sub for under $100 I would be very happy!!! If not I just want what u guys think would be a great buy for a guy like me with a budget lets take it down to $300.

Edited by Nipsy06

Well with your $500 budget, I would get a pair of pair of refurbish Sundown SA-8s. They are $85+s/h each. I would power them with an Audioque 1200d amplifier. You can find one for $250+ s/h. That should leave you just enough for a 4gauge amplifier install kit. You can find one on KnuKonceptz.com for $50+ s/h. You will need to build your own custom ported box, we will help you with this.

I wouldn't go back to those shops youve been at, they seem like dumbasses looking to steal your money.

Edit: damn, $300? That'll be a bit harder. Car Audio is an expensive hobby man, and you get what you pay for.

Edited by Supercharged DCs

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Ok Now Were talking..... Lets Go. First off Would 8s Hit Harder than 10s???? Or are you saying that because of the budget? 2nd this may be a dumb question but is it the bigger the speaker the louder or is it the bigger amp or how does that work because If I can get more out of a 10 I will spend a lil more? Now with the box should I Build it myself or order one? Also These Sundown speakers I have never heard of them I planned to get some Alpine speakers. Im not going against you Im just wondering are these sundown speakers like a top brand?(Will they last you for a few years?) And If I do need to build my box I know you use MDF Wood or something like that? Should I build or Buy my box? Oh the bad part is the stereo shops were between 4 different shops over the years.(Yes its time for me to do it myself).

The bigger the speaker, the more cone area. The more cone area, the more air that can be moved. A 10" will hit harder than an 8" in an ideal enclosure. Also, the more watts an amp puts out, the louder it gets. A 20k rms amp will destroy a 1200rms amp.

Sundown speakers last alot longer than walmart brands or entry level woofers, if you don't do something to mess it up.

Yea, you would need mdf. Depending on your space, you would be MUCH better off with a custom built box, which is simple to make. Normally pre-fab potted boxes are tuned too high and are not ideal enclosures for subs.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

Ok Now Were talking..... Lets Go. First off Would 8s Hit Harder than 10s????

Depending on the install, yes it will.

Or are you saying that because of the budget?

Budget comes into play, along with space issues.

2nd this may be a dumb question but is it the bigger the speaker the louder or is it the bigger amp or how does that work because If I can get more out of a 10 I will spend a lil more?

Cone Area and Power come into play, but the install is the most significant part. 2 8s in a proper box will be louder than 2 10s in a shitty box.

Now with the box should I Build it myself or order one?

I always suggest to build it yourself, as you get experience and can say, Wow I built this!

Also These Sundown speakers I have never heard of them I planned to get some Alpine speakers. Im not going against you Im just wondering are these sundown speakers like a top brand?(Will they last you for a few years?)

Sundown Audio is a great brand. It will last as long as you take care of it, which can be said of any equipment. Alpine Type R's would work great as well.

And If I do need to build my box I know you use MDF Wood or something like that? Should I build or Buy my box?

You would want to use 3/4" MDF. I've already stated I think you should build it yourself.

Oh the bad part is the stereo shops were between 4 different shops over the years.(Yes its time for me to do it myself).

Well, I don't know what to say to that. Some car shops know what they are doing, but for the most part they are looking to make a quick buck at the customers expense. You would be better off learning how everything works so you can do it yourself. It isn't terribly hard :D

Wow, lot's of red. 8)

Here some nice setups below... I would suggest

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_9347_2-Pack-of-Kicker-CVR124-07CVR124-CVR12-Dual-4-ohm.html 169.99 shipped GREAT DEAL. Sorry guys

http://www.audioque.com/AQ750-Amplifier_p_46.html 220 shipped

Custom Box you built 50$

http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KOL-AK4 50$

500$ exactly...

NEXT

2 of these http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8954_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P3D210-09P3D210.html 220

http://www.audioque.com/AQ750-Amplifier_p_46.html 220 shipped.

AMP kit plus box 100

$540...

Assuming this is in the trunk... Put two to three layers of this http://audiotechnix.com/ in your trunk when you save extra pennys............... ITS WORTH IT... DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME SO THERE IS NOT SECOND TIME.

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Ok Now Were talking..... Lets Go. First off Would 8s Hit Harder than 10s????

Depending on the install, yes it will.

Or are you saying that because of the budget?

Budget comes into play, along with space issues.

2nd this may be a dumb question but is it the bigger the speaker the louder or is it the bigger amp or how does that work because If I can get more out of a 10 I will spend a lil more?

Cone Area and Power come into play, but the install is the most significant part. 2 8s in a proper box will be louder than 2 10s in a shitty box.

Now with the box should I Build it myself or order one?

I always suggest to build it yourself, as you get experience and can say, Wow I built this!

Also These Sundown speakers I have never heard of them I planned to get some Alpine speakers. Im not going against you Im just wondering are these sundown speakers like a top brand?(Will they last you for a few years?)

Sundown Audio is a great brand. It will last as long as you take care of it, which can be said of any equipment. Alpine Type R's would work great as well.

And If I do need to build my box I know you use MDF Wood or something like that? Should I build or Buy my box?

You would want to use 3/4" MDF. I've already stated I think you should build it yourself.

Oh the bad part is the stereo shops were between 4 different shops over the years.(Yes its time for me to do it myself).

Well, I don't know what to say to that. Some car shops know what they are doing, but for the most part they are looking to make a quick buck at the customers expense. You would be better off learning how everything works so you can do it yourself. It isn't terribly hard :D

Wow, lot's of red. 8)

Dude Thanks So much you have been a great help and I appreciate you guys forreal.... Ok So one other problem I have always had. What is the proper way to set a amps settings? I know theres like bass boost, Low Pass High Pass, Pulse etc.... Also whats the best way to wire things?I guess my real question is where can I see some break downs of how Rms and all of this stuff works because Im guessing thats where I can really get my fingers in and get started. And also How can I stay intouch with you all so I can keep this going. Do I add you as a friend or what?

You can add me as a friend if you'd like, but I'm not sure there is any benefits to it. Just keep asking questions here and I'll try to help :)

When setting an amp, you want to set Low Pass Filter around 70-80hz, subsonic filter 5hz below your boxes tuning, you want to set gain with an oscope to match the voltage your headunit is putting out so you don't clip your subwoofer. I don't get what your saying about RMS breakdown, I believe your looking for explanation on Ohms and wiring to a certain impedance. You can look up wiring diagrams to get the desired impendance load. For a 1ohm load when using a single subwoofer, you want a DVC 2ohm subwoofer. For a 1 ohm load when using two subwoofers, you want 2 DVC 4ohm subwoofers OR 2 DVc 1ohm subwoofers. I'll type more when I get on a computer, mobile doesn't work great for long posts.

Dude Thanks So much you have been a great help and I appreciate you guys forreal.... Ok So one other problem I have always had.

What is the proper way to set a amps settings?

I know theres like

bass boost, TURN IT ALL THE WAY DOWN TO ZERO NO MATTER WHAT ANY PERSON SAYS. AND LEAVE IT DOWN

FREQ. RANGE, Filters out unwanted low frequencies. This is used for subs. set around 8O hert for subwooferz

High Pass, Filters out certain high range frequencies generally used for mid range and highs.

Pulse What the fuck is that?

THIS IS ADDED AMP SETTINGS NOT SAID...

GAIN: NOT A VOLUME KNOB It is something to match AC voltage from headunit to amplifier. Telling it how much watts to put out... You set with Oscilloscope

KNOWN AS A LOW PASS FILTER/SUBSONIC FILTER/INFRASONIC FILTER: Tells amplifier the lowest frequency it can amplify. Set it 5 hertz below what YOUR BOX IS TUNED TOO. If you didnt understand that say your box is tuned to 35 hz and you set the SUBSONIC TO 30 hz. Your amp wont play under 30 hz

etc.... Also whats the best way to wire things? Under shit hidden? LOL

I guess my real question is where can I see some break downs of how Rms and all of this stuff works because Im guessing thats where I can really get my fingers in and get started. And also How can I stay intouch with you all so I can keep this going. Do I add you as a friend or what? Make thread with any questions anyone will be happy to help.

Edited by Winn

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE