new to the forums, and figured this might be a good place to ask.

ive got a '90 Jeep Cherokee that i bought a few months ago. what i didnt realize when i bought it, however, is that it had seen some rough times as well as having a pretty serious oil leak at some point that left the entire undercarriage with what i can only describe as a "second skin" of oil. im talking 3mm thick across almost every inch of the bottom. i dont have pictures at the moment, but i can take some if needed.

what im wondering is if there is anywhere, pref. in the Jacksonville, FL area, where i can get some hardcore cleaning done to the bottom. ive tried degreaser, pressure washing, undercarriage carwash, etc. all almost completely ineffective. i had to resort to taking a 1" and 3" putty scraper to try and scrape off what i can. it works better than everything else ive tried, but its incredibly time-consuming, and there are many places that i simply cant reach.

my biggest issue aside from the ugliness of it, is that when i drive, the oil burns off and coats the liftgate with a film of oil. as well as making it seems like im riding around with a fog machine whenever i stop.

anywayyyyyyyyyyyys, long story even longer, im in need of a fix. if anyone could help, itd be greatly appreciated.

ive got a '90 Jeep Cherokee that i bought a few months ago. what i didnt realize when i bought it, however, is that it had seen some rough times as well as having a pretty serious oil leak at some point that left the entire undercarriage with what i can only describe as a "second skin" of oil. im talking 3mm thick across almost every inch of the bottom. i dont have pictures at the moment, but i can take some if needed.

what im wondering is if there is anywhere, pref. in the Jacksonville, FL area, where i can get some hardcore cleaning done to the bottom. ive tried degreaser, pressure washing, undercarriage carwash, etc. all almost completely ineffective. i had to resort to taking a 1" and 3" putty scraper to try and scrape off what i can. it works better than everything else ive tried, but its incredibly time-consuming, and there are many places that i simply cant reach.

my biggest issue aside from the ugliness of it, is that when i drive, the oil burns off and coats the liftgate with a film of oil. as well as making it seems like im riding around with a fog machine whenever i stop.

anywayyyyyyyyyyyys, long story even longer, im in need of a fix. if anyone could help, itd be greatly appreciated.

sandblast :)

If ya wanna eat away the fuel lines and various electrical wiring...

Engine degreaser, can be bought at your local auto parts store, spray the undercarriage with it, rinses off with a hose i believe.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

If ya wanna eat away the fuel lines and various electrical wiring...

Engine degreaser, can be bought at your local auto parts store, spray the undercarriage with it, rinses off with a hose i believe.

agreed. sandblasting is not the answer. if you could frame off it it would be the answer.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

get a wire brush and go to it with the degreaser.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

get a wire brush and go to it with the degreaser.

i hadnt thought about the wire brush thing. my job might still have one or two old ones lying around that might boss wouldnt mind giving me lol.

theres tons of spots i cant reach though. not without taking out the engine/tranny at least.

You can sand blast it just not with sand. Use a different media like silcon beads or wall nut shells. If its not a show car then why bother cleaning it, if its a daily then its suposed to get gritty and grimmy.

''The Darkest Souls Are Not Those Wich Choose To Exist Within The Hell Of The Abyss, But Those Wich Choose To Break Free From The Abyss And Move Silently Amoung Us''