Second Skin Audio

More Bandpass Questions; New question post #52

i turned my sub around..

.1 louder..

could be from who knows what.. but.. it was .1 louder

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Biggest advantage of inverting the sub is that the magnet is not that close to a wall, i mean, we are talking about a stupid small sealed box, if you mount the magnet inside the sealed chamber, that thing would be about 1" away of the wall if you are lucky, wouldn´t this be a problem on a sealed box?

i doubt it, unless the magnet is vented instead of sealed/plugged. my nightshades were about 1/8" away from a side in my box and they did just fine.

Biggest advantage of inverting the sub is that the magnet is not that close to a wall, i mean, we are talking about a stupid small sealed box, if you mount the magnet inside the sealed chamber, that thing would be about 1" away of the wall if you are lucky, wouldn´t this be a problem on a sealed box?

i doubt it, unless the magnet is vented instead of sealed/plugged. my nightshades were about 1/8" away from a side in my box and they did just fine.

Nice to know this, let´s see someone else opinion just in case, but i always thought it was a problem..

Any input from someone else? :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Archived