Sonic Electronix

Need answers asap, install problem.

So I have installed a new pioneer headunit in a 2005 escalade ESV. Sound is fine, steerin wheel module controls work perfectly but here is my problem... When I connect the sub RCA's to the amp the SPEAKERS start humming quite loudly. I have pulled the head unit out just now and don't see any wires that look out of the ordinary. I need some answers as soon as possible because the truck is in shambles and I don't know what to look for as the problem.

Thanks

yeah i agree. try grounding your RCA's

and check alternator wiring to make sure its good and tight. could be alt whine

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Yes I just find it very odd rather than the subwoofer hum I am getting it from the speakers. I just tried to ground the RCA and it didn't help at all. Agaqin the humming is coming from the speakers when I hook up the RCA's to the subwoofer amp... I am frustrated with car audio and this is my last project I will be doing and it is so problematic.

are the mids & highs running off a separate amp?

check those rca's, maybe try different rca's...

ids and highs are just running off the factory system but with the steering wheel module working as LOC. Anyway its just the mono amp in the back. I only grounded one of the RCA's but after I take a breather and have a BEER I will ground both RCA's. SIGHHHHHhhhh

Archived