Second Skin Audio

Pyle 8" T-Line

60hz is way high..

i know, but that is the Fs of the speaker, not sure what the F3 of the speaker would be, but i dont know how well the speaker would play below tuning, but this should give it a short range, maybe from 55-65-70

yea, its like a fart box Tline, lol

considering T-lines are known for getting loud and laying a good wide bandwidth of frequencies, lol

Port area is too high, tuning is too high...the sub is going to fall on it's face in that box, just not strong enough to control itself with such little back pressure. The reason why a low qts is desired is because a sub with a lower qts generally has more motor force to better control the soft parts. Sort of like how stiff subs with strong motors can better control a sub below box tuning in a ported box, where "softer" subs and ones with weaker motors will unload easier.

Check out monster subs like the BL, BTL, SMD, 9500, Level 5 and Level 4XL...all big subs with strong motors and low Qts values. It's not a 100% sort of thing, but it's a pretty good assumption to make.

Edited by RAM_Designs

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

ahh, that makes sense with the qts, i know the definitions of them, just couldn't remember why it as good or bad for it to be a higher or lower number depending on what you wanted to do

i dont like that box. the main goal of a tline is to unite the rear wave with the front wave thus causing constructive interference and making the output amplitude twice as much

so the port and sub should face the same way not 90 degrees out of phase

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

i dont like that box. the main goal of a tline is to unite the rear wave with the front wave thus causing constructive interference and making the output amplitude twice as much

so the port and sub should face the same way not 90 degrees out of phase

Oh. Then could someone make one where the sub and port are pointing the same way? Preferably up.

here is one with sub/port up

SubPortup.png

tuning should be the same, If you move the sub over slightly then you can 45 the beginning of the line, but the sub is already very close to the port wall, so youd have to move sub a bit to 45 it, which would raise the tuning however because it would create a shorter port length

as far as the vent being tapered, that isnt all tlines, its another way to make them, however I do not know how it effects tuning and how to calculate for that, so i have not tried designing a taper/horned tine

honestly dont think this speaker is a good candidate for a tline, however if the OP still wants it to be in a tline, thats up to him

Edited by kynto