Sonic Electronix

I'll just post some suggestion here within your budget, and once you provide more information, changes can be made.

First:

I would do maybe two Sundown Audio 12"s

or maybe just a single Sundown Audio 15"

powered nicely with an Audioque 1200

That way, with wiring, wood, and other parts you could keep the build under $800-$900 EASY.

Second:

Two of my favorite budget subs ever, Pioneer Championship 12"s

also powered by a Audioque 1200

Would keep the budget at $600-&800.

Now with both options on the dual sub setup, it is possible to upgrade to maybe either the Crescendo BC2000 (You will have to contact Crescendo for pricing and ordering) or the Audioque 2200 which would also mean upgrading the electrical to provide enough current.

It is possible to just add batteries, but depending on your vehicle, possibly upgrading the alternator and primary battery may prove much more efficient and money-saving. Standard rule is biggest proper car audio designed battery, big 3, and if needed, an second battery in the back. If your vehicle is equipped with a smaller alternator, I do not recommend overworking it. I choose and run XS Power as there has been no battery better suited to handle the stress and current I require. You can PM Corona_jeff on here and get a price shipped.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Also what Battery do you suggest I get to put under the hood?

What from DC would be good?

Now how about speakers? Anyone want to give any suggestions for speakers?

I use XS Power batteries, but there's also Kinetik, Optima, Deka, Stinger, Shuriken, etc. It's your choice, and it depends on what you can fit.

DC has a good 2000 watt amp.

I used to use Infinity for speakers, but now I use Audison/Hertz. Depends on what you're looking for.

Is there a specific type of battery that I should use? As for the DC amp would that happen to be the DC 2.0k amp? Also ATM I am running HertZ Deici and stock speakers in the back. I was wondering if there was any other brands that would sound good. Really I want a brand that no one around where I live has and my local audio store has Audison and Hertz.

What vehicle do you drive?

I drive a 2000 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo.

I'll just post some suggestion here within your budget, and once you provide more information, changes can be made.

First:

That way, with wiring, wood, and other parts you could keep the build under $800-$900 EASY.

The dual Sundowns would be really nice if only they were 1000 rms apiece not 600 rms.

Second:

Now with both options on the dual sub setup, it is possible to upgrade to maybe either the Crescendo BC2000 (You will have to contact Crescendo for pricing and ordering) or the Audioque 2200 which would also mean upgrading the electrical to provide enough current.

ATM I am in the process of doing the The Big Three when my next paycheck comes around and if its high enough. I'm currently running 1/0 gauge to my distributor then it outputs to two 4 gauge wires going to my amps.

It is possible to just add batteries, but depending on your vehicle, possibly upgrading the alternator and primary battery may prove much more efficient and money-saving. Standard rule is biggest proper car audio designed battery, big 3, and if needed, an second battery in the back. If your vehicle is equipped with a smaller alternator, I do not recommend overworking it. I choose and run XS Power as there has been no battery better suited to handle the stress and current I require. You can PM Corona_jeff on here and get a price shipped.

My alternator is stock and it outputs 132 amps.

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

First:

Second:

I forgot to add can the pioneer champions really handle 1000 watts apiece? or am I underestimating the pioneer champions..?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

They can handle it, there was a SVC model and a DVC model. The DVC model is the one I linked, and I ran four championships on two AQ2200s strapped, with my voltage never dropping below 14 volts. I took out the backseat of my silverado and did sub up port up, never metered, but it was one of my favorite setups. i was so happy with the output, response, and sound.

Is there a specific type of battery that I should use? As for the DC amp would that happen to be the DC 2.0k amp? Also ATM I am running HertZ Deici and stock speakers in the back. I was wondering if there was any other brands that would sound good. Really I want a brand that no one around where I live has and my local audio store has Audison and Hertz.

Use an AGM battery. I don't know if you can fit a group 31 in the front, but I have a group 34 under my hood.

As for different brand speakers, I've personally only heard all the mainstream stuff. I've also heard Focal KRX3, and Utopia Be, but I'm sure you don't want to spend that much.

However, I've heard good things about Selenium loudspeakers, Morel, and Hybrid Audio.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

If you can afford that Arc Audio SE amp I would buy that. But FYI it's ridiculously expensive. You can't really compare it to most of the amplifiers mentioned.

777319156.png

They can handle it, there was a SVC model and a DVC model. The DVC model is the one I linked, and I ran four championships on two AQ2200s strapped, with my voltage never dropping below 14 volts. I took out the backseat of my silverado and did sub up port up, never metered, but it was one of my favorite setups. i was so happy with the output, response, and sound.

How would the pioneers sound compared to the HDC315-A Aluminum Coil Subwoofer and would they hit harder than the HDC315's? How would one sound compared to my current setup?

Use an AGM battery. I don't know if you can fit a group 31 in the front, but I have a group 34 under my hood.

As for different brand speakers, I've personally only heard all the mainstream stuff. I've also heard Focal KRX3, and Utopia Be, but I'm sure you don't want to spend that much.

However, I've heard good things about Selenium loudspeakers, Morel, and Hybrid Audio.

This maybe a stupid question but how would I find out what group I have and what can fit under my hood? Also what does the grouping mean? I have heard that Focal is expensive but I have never heard of Utopia Be how much would they cost?

I've also never heard of Selenium loudspeakers or Hybrid Audio how good are they speakers? What do you suggest? I've heard of Morel also they used to be at my local car audio shop but I haven't heard them in along time.

I've been reading around and I have read about Oxygen Audio how good are they and where can they be bought in the US?

If you can afford that Arc Audio SE amp I would buy that. But FYI it's ridiculously expensive. You can't really compare it to most of the amplifiers mentioned.

How much would the Arc Audio amp cost and it is really that good? Why would none of the amps mentioned previously be comparable to this amp?

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Well it depends dealer to dealer on the cost of the amplifier. It will likely be 2500 plus.

The Arc Audio SE lineup is amazing. Some of the best sounding amplifiers I have ever heard. If I had the money I would personally go with all Arc Audio SE amplifiers or full Audison Lrx's.

None of the amplifiers mentioned earlier are comparable to the Arc Audio SE series. IIRC the amps are hand built and each component is top notch and hand picked. The SE 4000 does 4000 plus watts rms.

It's not even comparable to all these internet brands that are built by Korean and Chinese build houses.

777319156.png

How would the pioneers sound compared to the HDC315-A Aluminum Coil Subwoofer and would they hit harder than the HDC315's? How would one sound compared to my current setup?

Well, that is nowhere near a fair comparison, and it's not even a comparison that can accurately be made.

Enclosure and install are everything, having better and bigger subs does not mean it will hit harder. You're comparing a $140 12" to a $330 15". If you are going to shell out the cash, then yes, the AQ's have a great price point, especially for their performance. But you provided a budget, then seemed daunted when a setup actually cost that much, and then it's right back to thinking big again. Maybe a better question would be, what is it YOU'RE looking for from your setup? And then to follow that up, who will be building/designing the enclosure and who will be installing it?

I have the DC 2K and I love this thing. I just added a XS Power D3400 in the back alond with 0 Gauge and the big 3. I dont have any problems running this thing. I also run the dc 175.4 as well as another 4 channel. I'd say go with Dc with amp and subs "level 4's in whatever size you want". Just my 2 cents. Customer service is outstanding and the product speaks for itself.

Edited by Leboy23

2012 Nissan Altima SL

DC M2 Lvl 3 12" with AR cone

DC 1.2K Amp

Kicker Sum8

Kicker 4 Gauge amp kit

XS Power D2700

1.5 Cubic ft net tuned to 38Hz