Wiring Parrallel 2 Batteries.

i used to run two different batteries for quite some time in the past....never had any issues, people always say to keep them the same but i really dont think its gonna be that huge of a deal if u dont..

things to look out for:

- well, make sure u fuse the positive run withing 18" of the battery at both batteries

-if u ground ur batteries to the frame (or somewhere else) instead of wiring the grounds together, make sure u clean off the surface and scrape any paint off

-try not to kill urself...lol

i likes me some audio stuff...

i always say do what you can when you can so if you have to wait on getting another optima then use what you have until you get another one. you'll be fine.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

i always say do what you can when you can so if you have to wait on getting another optima then use what you have until you get another one. you'll be fine.

Thank you very much guys!

Sunday im going to rewire everything, put the 2 batts in, Build a MDF box for it becuase its gonig behind my driver seat, buying terminals, 4gauge wire, fuse holders, fuses,

Ahh one more question, What fuse rattings should i put on the batts? I currently have 1600 rms, but thats changing on tuesday as i'll be getting my 2 orion D5000's :D but i'll be running about 4K then...

Thanks ever so much for all the replys! really appricate the help! :D

i'll take pics aswell on sunday post them here....

Maximum Fuse Size

00 awg 400 amps

0 awg 325 amps

1 awg 250 amps

2 awg 200 amps

4 awg 125 amps

6 awg 80 amps

8 awg 50 amps

10 awg 30 amps

12 awg 20 amps

14 awg 15 amps

16 awg 7.5 amps

These are the recommended maximum fuse ratings for the corresponding wire size. Using a smaller fuse than what's recommended here will be perfectly safe.

i likes me some audio stuff...

not really all weak. it's just that the strongest and highest amperage batts won't ever get fully charged and the smaller amp batts get overcharged to a degree due to their lower current resistance

The easiest way to think about it is, if you pull a huge amount of amps from your power supply, your weakest battery will drain first. After that, your charging system and other batteries will work harder to compensate for the drained / weak battery.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

The easiest way to think about it is, if you pull a huge amount of amps from your power supply, your weakest battery will drain first. After that, your charging system and other batteries will work harder to compensate for the drained / weak battery.

Would that kill the ALT by any chance?? lol

and in my above post i ment i'll put 1 fuse per 4gauge lol.

dham its 4.30am here! lol

so i guess i'd be fine if i put a 200amp ANL fuse for the moment, and once i put the D5000's in i'll put 2x 200amp ANL on each 4 gauge,

Thanks alot for the info mate! cheers

the maximum fuse rating for 4 gauge is 125, you putting a 200 amp fuse on it might not be so clever. i'd step it up to 1/0 pr even 2/0 gauge especially if you'll be running 4K watts. do it right the first round bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

dham its 4.30am here! lol

so i guess i'd be fine if i put a 200amp ANL fuse for the moment, and once i put the D5000's in i'll put 2x 200amp ANL on each 4 gauge,

Thanks alot for the info mate! cheers

the maximum fuse rating for 4 gauge is 125, you putting a 200 amp fuse on it might not be so clever. i'd step it up to 1/0 pr even 2/0 gauge especially if you'll be running 4K watts. do it right the first round bro.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

Audiocontrol 3.1.

LOL i didnt realizse that, i think i miss read that table lol well it was late after all anyhow i still havnt gotten round to doing it, i had to work on sunday, late call. i think i'll do it some time this week, and im going to use one 0gauge Wire for the batteries, and 2x 4 gauge for each amp, so 1 0gauge, and then from second battery to amps, 4x 4gauge wires :D

just brought the Orion D5000's! cost me about 850, $1,700 :D