Sundown Audio

Amp Questions im a newbie

CommonSyns

Hey I have a few questions for you people that know amps.

Very soon I am going to upgrade my system to the HDC315-A Aluminum Coil Subwoofer HDC315-A Aluminum Coil Subwoofer In one of my posts in the General Questions Area I was suggested to get this amp AQ3500D.1 Amplifier AQ3500D.1 Amplifier Now I aware that thats a good amp but my questions are here as follows.

Are there any other cheaper amps that will provide what I need to power that subwoofer? I went to check out the Alpine site to see what they had and I notice that there are new amps there and the old amp the MRP-2000 and the they said would go good with another setup I was currently looking at at the time SE 4000 Arc Audio Amp that my local car audio store recommend for a previous setup I was looking at. Here are the links.

MRX-M100

MRP-M2000

PDX-M12

SE 4000

Now my question is are any of the Alpine amps 1 ohm stable? And can they do 1 ohm at all? All I know is that the Arc audio amp can do 1 ohm stable but its 4000 watts way to much for the system I want. Or am I missing something vital that has to do with the subs or the amp meaning dual voice coil or single voice coil. I'm new to wiring subwoofers down so that's why I ask.

Here is the link to my first question in the General Questions Area. My new build questions

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

DC 2k

Crecendo BC2000

AQ2200

Just to name a few amplifiers that will push the HDC3 nicely and won't break the bank. Look to pay $300 for the Crecendo and $400 or so for either the DC 2k or AQ2200.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

DC 2k

Crecendo BC2000

AQ2200

Just to name a few amplifiers that will push the HDC3 nicely and won't break the bank. Look to pay $300 for the Crecendo and $400 or so for either the DC 2k or AQ2200.

I looked for the crescendo amp on their main website and I could not find it. Are there links to where I could buy that amp? Same goes for the DC I only found the amp on the main site but no where to buy it from.

sundowns amps will take a beating best amplifiers ive ever owned hands down

Which sundown amps in particular? Please elaborate.

if your on a budget go with a aq2200d. If it were me i would buy a dual 1 and wire it to a half ohm aqs have a realy high inductance..and of course you need good electrical etc

I've yet to do the Big Three but its coming.

I've should of said this earlier but I'm trying to do a dual subwoofer setup so I think I would need 2 amps. What other amps are there or will the Alpine amps I listed work with this sub?

Skar Audio SDR 10" x2 (Sealed Box)

Skar Audio 1500.1D (1 Ohm) x1

Skar Audio TX525c (Front with dash tweeter) x1

Kenwood Excelon KFC-X173 (Rear Coax) x1

JL Audio 360.4 (Mids & Highs Amp) x1 

DEH80-PRS

XS Power d3400

Singer Alternator 275A

98 Jeep TJ 4.0 5 Speed

Archived