Totally new

alright so here it goes.... basically i just got a really good job thats payin really good so i thought its time to start buyin some toys... i have an 89 crx si stock and i was wanting to put in my 2 RF 12" T2s but a friend was tellin me there crap and i should get 2 12" DC Lvl 5s... not sure what the diff is?? like i said im totally new.. im not sure what to do with wiring or batteries/extra batterys nothing.. went to a local audio store and they said i at least need a 2000w amp and a new alternator to run the t2s.. but if the DCs are better ill prolly sell the T2's and get them.. i was lookin at a AQ 3500 but again not sure what gauge wire to get.. 0?? and do i need a cap?.. prolly comin off really dumb right now.. i just basically need help buildin a monster and for someone to kinda teach me as i go along...

Thanks,

alright so here it goes.... basically i just got a really good job thats payin really good so i thought its time to start buyin some toys... i have an 89 crx si stock and i was wanting to put in my 2 RF 12" T2s but a friend was tellin me there crap and i should get 2 12" DC Lvl 5s... not sure what the diff is?? like i said im totally new.. im not sure what to do with wiring or batteries/extra batterys nothing.. went to a local audio store and they said i at least need a 2000w amp and a new alternator to run the t2s.. but if the DCs are better ill prolly sell the T2's and get them.. i was lookin at a AQ 3500 but again not sure what gauge wire to get.. 0?? and do i need a cap?.. prolly comin off really dumb right now.. i just basically need help buildin a monster and for someone to kinda teach me as i go along...

Thanks,

Malo uce, good to see another uso on here, man T2's ain't bad, if you all ready got em', use em, personally I like using Rockford amps cause they are dependable and it will last no matter how hard you bang em' and like the one Steve has, they give u da bang for your buck, 2500 of straight power.....caps are not so dependable, maybe for like small systems...(like mine)lol...but there is a way where you can figure out how much amperage (i think thats the right term)<correct me if im wrong> you will need to push them subs and amps....i forgot but I usually go on the12volt.com and usually figure it out from there, they have calculators for everything....usually if you are going to push that much power 0 gauge is the best way to go.....

Thanks,

Spend some time looking around this site. There is alot of info to be had. Check out the member build section too so you can get an idea of what others are doing with similar equipment to what you got. Welcome to SMD. :drinks:

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived