Sundown Audio

Opinions...

littleitaly1990

Guest MegaloManiac

I am not backtracking, underpowering a sub will eventually kill it, becuase eventually it will recieve a clipped signal via low voltage, gains set incorrectly, user error.

then why call me an idiot? no apology?

I have been saying the same thing you have all along...(now that you cleared it up) underpowering is different from clipping it.

you said you agreed with roscoe 100%?...all of a sudden you dont?

I called you an idiot because instead of trying to talk out an issue you post something so rediculous like your trying to talk down on someone ( thats how it came off to me anyhow)

I do agree with roscoe, underpowering a sub will kill it.

I have no idea what happened in his install I wasnt there so i cant comment on that part of the discussion or about the sub itself I havent played with one ( yet )

no apology from me, I dont like your additude.

Guest MegaloManiac

I called you an idiot because instead of trying to talk out an issue you post something so rediculous like your trying to talk down on someone ( thats how it came off to me anyhow)

I do agree with roscoe, underpowering a sub will kill it.

I have no idea what happened in his install I wasnt there so i cant comment on that part of the discussion or about the sub itself I havent played with one ( yet )

no apology from me, I dont like your additude.

the issues was taken to pm. nobody was talking down to anybody. my attitude is fine. you misinterpreted me like accordman did to you.

and what i posted wasnt ridiculous at all. if you turn your volume down then you are underpowering the driver. i rolled my eyes because you guys didnt think it through completely.

we never finished the pm conversation because you guys blew up in my faces(figure of speaking)

heres my test i did today, to prove a point, that an clean unclipped signal cannot cause harm to a driver.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...=11541&st=0

give that setup to some kid in there car to play with for a month, I would bet $$ that the speaker comes back blown, if the signal can remain clean no mater than there should be no issues, there is no denying(sp) that, but in real world applications, the signal will never always be clean. so in my theory a underpowered sub is a no no.

i agree with megalo not everyone likes to bump their music loud all the time. i just like having the power when i want it but i basically have it all the way down when im listening to music cause its enough for me. i really dont see how not meeting the rms 24/7 will kill the sub...

Guest MegaloManiac

give that setup to some kid in there car to play with for a month, I would bet $$ that the speaker comes back blown, if the signal can remain clean no mater than there should be no issues, there is no denying(sp) that, but in real world applications, the signal will never always be clean. so in my theory a underpowered sub is a no no.

duh, so either way underpower, powered, overpowered if the signal aint clean then you will kill it faster. thats what i have been saying the whole time. again what roscoe said and you agreed 100%(look back ;)) was that his xxx was underpowered and was given CLEAN SIGNAL in the proper box and it blew.

really this thread is a good point from both sides.it explains if you underpower the

sub,with a clipped signal over time it will blow.if you underpower a sub with the

right amount of signal,you just won't get the performance out of it.which usually

makes people clip the signal trying to get better performance.

smd2.gif

2002 nissan frontier crewcab

eclipse cd2000

mb quart prem's fr&rear

rf p4004

really this thread is a good point from both sides.it explains if you underpower the

sub,with a clipped signal over time it will blow.if you underpower a sub with the

right amount of signal,you just won't get the performance out of it.which usually

right but roscoe stated that he was giving his xxx a clean unclipped signal just not giving the sub its rms so from what youre saying it just wouldnt be at optimal performance but from what roscoe and david are saying it will blow if you underpower the sub with a clean unclipped signal.

duh, so either way underpower, powered, overpowered if the signal aint clean then you will kill it faster. thats what i have been saying the whole time. again what roscoe said and you agreed 100%(look back ;)) was that his xxx was underpowered and was given CLEAN SIGNAL in the proper box and it blew.

I agreed that underpowering a sub will kill it, thats all I agreed with, dont put words in my mouth, I just said I wasnt there when roscoe did his install so I cant comment on that, jez dude go get laid or something

pretty much it totally

Archived