What would you guys do in my situation

okay, so last year this kid I know stole a pit bike from a local arctic cat dealer and went one craigslist and found someone who would trade for this red mini chopper. well I however did not know the bike was stolen and he said he got it from his cousin. He gave me gas to bring him AND the pit bike to where the guy with the mini chopper was. So when we got there the guy test drove the bit bike and was talking about how it needed a little work and he would need something to boot seeing as the mini chopper he had was in pristine condition. So now my friend straight up says. Yeah I'll throw my friends system he said he was cool with it. I was kind of angry at this and had to talk to him about it. When we were talking he said he would give me the system he had coming in the mail or give me money later. He had a job and he somehow talked me into it and then no problems until now...this happened in August of last year and its June 2011 and guess what. He still hasn't payed me or anything. multiple attempts to try and get my money from him but have got nothing. I know this may be kind of low but he stole that bike and didn't tell me till after, and then later on in the year he stole a Snap on tool box with ALL Snap On tools and like $2000 worth of impact tools in it and he sold it to someone for $1200. Now he has a job working for the state doing road construction and is getting paid well over $30 and hour and he bought a 2000 something monte carlo and last night a crotch rocket and anything else he wants. Since he refuses to give me my money should I turn him in for stealing all of that stuff? I'm in a hard position

Lesson learned man, never trust a thief.

Really there isn't anything you can do. You knew he stole the shit so turning him in when you already knew about it isn't going to turn out well. You could technically take matters into your own hands, but I'm not going to make any suggestions in that regard. Just know he isn't a friend if he does shit like that. He is out for himself.

What I would have done 10 years ago might land me in jail (hence why I'm not making suggestions), but now that I'm older and more relaxed I would move on and forget about it. Main reason being is it isn't worth having someone chasing after you for payback. Just don't do anything stupid... You're better off doing nothing than something that will land you in trouble.

Most people will say to do this that and the other (most of which illegal). Just remember that shit never turns out well and sometimes you're better off just taking it and wait. Wait for him to do something really stupid and do harm to him that way either by not helping, making his situation worse, or the like.

Edited by UnderLoK

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

okay, so last year this kid I know stole a pit bike from a local arctic cat dealer and went one craigslist and found someone who would trade for this red mini chopper. well I however did not know the bike was stolen and he said he got it from his cousin. He gave me gas to bring him AND the pit bike to where the guy with the mini chopper was. So when we got there the guy test drove the bit bike and was talking about how it needed a little work and he would need something to boot seeing as the mini chopper he had was in pristine condition. So now my friend straight up says. Yeah I'll throw my friends system he said he was cool with it. I was kind of angry at this and had to talk to him about it. When we were talking he said he would give me the system he had coming in the mail or give me money later. He had a job and he somehow talked me into it and then no problems until now...this happened in August of last year and its June 2011 and guess what. He still hasn't payed me or anything. multiple attempts to try and get my money from him but have got nothing. I know this may be kind of low but he stole that bike and didn't tell me till after, and then later on in the year he stole a Snap on tool box with ALL Snap On tools and like $2000 worth of impact tools in it and he sold it to someone for $1200. Now he has a job working for the state doing road construction and is getting paid well over $30 and hour and he bought a 2000 something monte carlo and last night a crotch rocket and anything else he wants. Since he refuses to give me my money should I turn him in for stealing all of that stuff? I'm in a hard position

That is a hard position man. Id def. stop calling him a close friend if he has a moral compass like that.

Your best bet will most likely be small claims court if you do want to pursue some kind of action against him. You made a verbal contract with your "friend" and in doing so you provided your end of the contract but he is yet to supply you with your new system...so (because you waited this long to deal with his lies)your defense will have to be that he now has a job with sufficient pay to supply you with a new system where as before he would have most likely broken the law again to come up with the money, or another system, to uphold his end of the contract.

Good luck man...thats a tuff one.

JDS116

That is a hard position man. Id def. stop calling him a close friend if he has a moral compass like that.

Your best bet will most likely be small claims court if you do want to pursue some kind of action against him. You made a verbal contract with your "friend" and in doing so you provided your end of the contract but he is yet to supply you with your new system...so (because you waited this long to deal with his lies)your defense will have to be that he now has a job with sufficient pay to supply you with a new system where as before he would have most likely broken the law again to come up with the money, or another system, to uphold his end of the contract.

Good luck man...thats a tuff one.

JDS116

if you're not a lawyer don't dish out legal advice if you are a lawyer you would know that he really doesn't have a chance in hell in small claims court

you win some, you lose some

Well he has been texting me threatening me saying he will burry me and all this and he is 19, I'm 17 in two weeks. I would like to get him in as much trouble as possible because of everything. I think I'm going to just tell the cops who stole the stuff and not mention anything about my money. I'd rather see him go to jail then get my money. its what he deserves

Well he has been texting me threatening me saying he will burry me and all this and he is 19, I'm 17 in two weeks. I would like to get him in as much trouble as possible because of everything. I think I'm going to just tell the cops who stole the stuff and not mention anything about my money. I'd rather see him go to jail then get my money. its what he deserves

just cut your losses you're being vindictive

you win some, you lose some