XS Power

2weeks ago i swapped all my xs batterys to 14v and gained .5 dbs on the meter. i use my vcm to charge at 16.8 volts in my 98m tahoe. just a few warnings for anyone that mite do this. my first problem i had is my steering became real loose after doing the swap. i was like wtf. changed my balljoints and had it aligned. still did it. then i found out there is a electronic steering sensor in my column,spent $230 to change that it got a lil better but still does it above 16v. below 16 its fine. also yesterday i was at a stoplight and was messing with vcm put it at 16.8 when i took off kinda fast it shot up to 18v. airbag light came on battery light came on and my tranny shifted into second with a loud ass clank. i was freakn pissed! my tahoe does not like that voltage. my tranny still shifts funny. i think i hurt it.everything else went back to normal. my point of this post is 2 things the vcm works but be careful its tricky. also be careful going over 16v you can fry stock electronics easy. even transmissions. i guess thats the price you pay to be loud

TEAM DC AUDIO

VEHICLE:98 chevy tahoe 2wd 3-4 drop

HEADUNIT:alpine 9886

PREAMP:arcaudio

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

KICKPANELS:jl audio 5 1/4

REAR DOORS: dd components 6 1/2s

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

SUBS:4-ascendant audio 18s with 5 spiders in a custom box built by KINGSUV

SUB AMP: 2-dc7.5s

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

WIRE:10-runs 0g front to back

BATTERIES:6-d1400s

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

going over 16v in a car is honestly kind of a no brainer that things can and will go wrong if you have any electronics of the vehicle hooked up to it.

i did alot of research before i did the swap. matt at mecman ran 17v in his silverado for a year with no issues so i took a chance. at 16.7 im fine its over 17 where the issues begin. some older cars dont like 15plus volts etc.90s an newer seem ok. i just wish you could set an forget the vcm but you cant temperature and other variables like idle change the setting. hopefully the new ones dont have this issue

TEAM DC AUDIO

FRONT STAGE:4-6 1/2s selinium,DD component set and 4-selinium tweeters in each door

HIGHS AMPS:zapco 750.2 on front doors,zapco an another 750.2 on kicks and rear doors

ALTERNATORS: 3-mechmans 1- 425comp, 1-smd spec350, 1-270 with adj voltage harness on custom dc bracket

TL results:157.1 at 38hz and 156.8 at headrest score @37hz. STATE AND NATIONAL RECORD IN MECA S5.

yea in my truck, ours would never go below 17v...truck ran ok with it like that but you dont ever feel good about running something you know is wrong. It got sent back and we are waiting on her to come back to us when they get time. The sierra/silverado is a 2002 and it doesnt like 18v lol

i did alot of research before i did the swap. matt at mecman ran 17v in his silverado for a year with no issues so i took a chance. at 16.7 im fine its over 17 where the issues begin. some older cars dont like 15plus volts etc.90s an newer seem ok. i just wish you could set an forget the vcm but you cant temperature and other variables like idle change the setting. hopefully the new ones dont have this issue

As of right now, my personal 1997 Jeep Wrangler, 2001 Silverado 2500, and my 1993 Ford Mustang ALL run at 17.0 volts daily- I have never had a problem. The Silverado has been that way for about 2 years and 30,000 miles pulling trailers all over the country.

We have also done some high voltage testing on Eric's 2003 Crown victoria, and have also never had any problems.

I'm not saying that you don't know what you're talking about, I'm just saying that is the first time I've heard of any problems at 16.8 volts. I can understand having issues at 18.0 volts, I would never reccomend going that high. With our AVBM, you set it once to 16.8 volts, and rock out. Sometimes people have that problem when they try to compensate for thermal voltage drop, then when the re-start the engine cold, the voltage is really high. You are better off just setting the voltage to 16.8 volts cold, and just deal with the slightly lower voltage when the engine is hot- Even at 16.0 volts, you are still way better off than a 12 volt system.

Edited by MECHMAN

ITs fine under 17v its over that that the issues begin. im happy with the batterys and the gain ive seen. t was worth it. now if i could only get my charger to top my batterys off at my shows. <_<

TEAM DC AUDIO