XS Power

Electrical Issues... Battery? or what....

I have a d3400 under the hood of my 2007 scion tc... It charges fine at a nice 13.8 volts with my stock alt... Now my problem is that I have almost a 2 volt drop to the back batteries. I have 2 deka group 31s in the rear of my car with 0 gauge running to it. I have checked the batteries and they rest at 12.6volts each if i pull them out of the car. Right now i have them sitting in my room and just the front battery hooked up and the voltage back there still reads 12.0 11.8 just driving around and will not climb higher... I have never had this problem before and my friends and I have no idea what is wrong. All I can think to do is redo all my 0 guage wiring and go straight from front bat to back for both my pos and neg.... I thought it was my alt at first so i got a new one and its doing the same thing so i really have no idea wtf is wrong. Battery or what???

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 XS Power D3400 (under hood)

1 Addictive Audio 500.1 :D

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Kenwood excelon x494 Head unit

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

(New Best official db score= 151.2 @ 36hz)

Definitely run from the alt to the front batt then from the front batt to the back batts. Not sure about scions but the alt might be computer controlled and thinking the batt up front is charged since it is a better battery it isn't getting worn down as fast especially if its only being used to drive the engine. Good luck :drinks:

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

So should i run a run of 0 to the back straight from the alt??? or will that fuck the alt? lol... :pardon:

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

something is majorly wrong if you have a 2 volt drop from front to back.. should be no more then like .3

1. double check you wiring

2. Check your fusing

more info as to how you found your 2 volt drop please

Edited by Hotdog

I have a Dmm and when i had the 2 batteries in the back hooked up it worked for a month charging at like 13.8-14 so i was fine with that.... then it just started dropping so i unhooked everything checked the ground for resistance in the back where i have it grounded to my back strut... that supported my 7k rms system i had for the last 1.5 years... I measured the voltage in the back off touching the power wire and the actual ground with my dmm while car was running (no batts in back hooked up) and it read 13.8 just like the front... Right now i have it hooked up from the front battery straight back to the amp and it reads 12.0 at the amp and 13.8 up front with car idling.... WTF!!!

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

Any reading below 12.5 is bad on a AGM bat . The lowest resting should be 12.6 ...

So something is really bad, a bad wire? Ground ? Check all ur wires ? They are connected to front batt ? Did you try to charge em up ?

idle with radio on 0 is 12.0-12.4 and i wont turn my music on much now cause if i do it drops i have seen 10.8 before doing the (oh shit knob down!!) I have had like 15 systems in this car i know what im doing and i have checked everything i can think of.... I redid the ground wire... I am going to re-run the pos from front to back. The crazy thing is if i dont have the back batteries on the system at all the voltage in the back is still 12.0 and front is 13.8... I just dont know... All fuses are fine all wires are crimped in... I just dont get it...

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

Any reading below 12.5 is bad on a AGM bat . The lowest resting should be 12.6 ...

So something is really bad, a bad wire? Ground ? Check all ur wires ? They are connected to front batt ? Did you try to charge em up ?

I checked all the grounds I dont think i have bad wires... The batts sit at 12.5-12.7 and i just dont get this... I mean even if both batts are bad... then when i have them off why is the back still not seeing the voltage the front is... I dont get this at all..

1 Crossfire XS v2 15"

2 Deka group31a's

1 Rockford 3sixty.2

4 Crescendo pwx 6.5s

2 Pyle Pro Super tweets

1 Crescendo 1000c4

Big Three upgrade

All 0 gauge of course

1 4.56c^ft box @28hz

idle with radio on 0 is 12.0-12.4 and i wont turn my music on much now cause if i do it drops i have seen 10.8 before doing the (oh shit knob down!!) I have had like 15 systems in this car i know what im doing and i have checked everything i can think of.... I redid the ground wire... I am going to re-run the pos from front to back. The crazy thing is if i dont have the back batteries on the system at all the voltage in the back is still 12.0 and front is 13.8... I just dont know... All fuses are fine all wires are crimped in... I just dont get it...

that is weird

did you test the alt output?