Sonic Electronix

Ok this will be a lengthy post so bare with me.

First off I have a 2004 or 2005 pioneer premier cd player and about two weeks ago i noticed that one sub was not pushing as much as the other, being that i have two amps (one per speaker) i figured maybe its one of the amps. So i connected both speakers to one amp (the side thatwas working) and then both started pushing correctly but then the subs started playing on thier own. Even if i had the volume to zero the subs kept playing kinda like a playing a tone. When I connected both speakers to one amp i had to add a piece of speaker wire to one sub to lenghtin the wire but I noticed that when i put the wires together they would bond together almost like that were magnetized and would spark when I pulled them apart. so i connect the amps rca jacks to the rear output rca's of the cd player and all the problem just went away. of course the bass is not as good. So today i figured id mess with the system to try to get it working. I plugged the rca's back into the sub outputs and now it works but it picks up engine noise, when i rev the motor i hear it from the subs. Also now when i raise the volume my voice speakers make a high pitched screeching sound with a snowy sounds like a tv makes with a snow screen. oh and my right front speakers dont work now. whew.. Im figure that my cd player is going out, anybody else have any suggestions?

I need to get this fixed a.s.a.p. because one week from now im suppossed to go to my first soundoff, some car audio club has invited me, i guess they are curious about my system.

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

Running Knu Koncepts 1/0 wiring

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1983 Toyota Corolla Station Wagon (SPL Vehicle)

(Under Reconstruction)

Ok this will be a lengthy post so bare with me.

First off I have a 2004 or 2005 pioneer premier cd player and about two weeks ago i noticed that one sub was not pushing as much as the other, being that i have two amps (one per speaker) i figured maybe its one of the amps. So i connected both speakers to one amp (the side thatwas working) and then both started pushing correctly but then the subs started playing on thier own. Even if i had the volume to zero the subs kept playing kinda like a playing a tone. When I connected both speakers to one amp i had to add a piece of speaker wire to one sub to lenghtin the wire but I noticed that when i put the wires together they would bond together almost like that were magnetized and would spark when I pulled them apart. so i connect the amps rca jacks to the rear output rca's of the cd player and all the problem just went away. of course the bass is not as good. So today i figured id mess with the system to try to get it working. I plugged the rca's back into the sub outputs and now it works but it picks up engine noise, when i rev the motor i hear it from the subs. Also now when i raise the volume my voice speakers make a high pitched screeching sound with a snowy sounds like a tv makes with a snow screen. oh and my right front speakers dont work now. whew.. Im figure that my cd player is going out, anybody else have any suggestions?

I need to get this fixed a.s.a.p. because one week from now im suppossed to go to my first soundoff, some car audio club has invited me, i guess they are curious about my system.

I had the same issue with my Pioneer 5800, rcas making a bad noise going to the amp. so I figure its the deck. I like pioneer, but this is the 3rd time I seen this issue on SMD, and on my on deck first hand. I think its a bad solder connection to chassis ground on the RCA out, or a lose connection on the RCA + If you get a small wire, and ground the shielding of the RCA, the noise will almost totally go away, but its still there

New deck, or have someone look at it

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

I've seen the same problem recently with 2 pioneer flip outs. Just shitty interconnect grounds like bumpin said.. I also have been loyal to pioneer in the past, but I have recently switched to alpine, no problems there.

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

I had the same issue with my Pioneer 5800, rcas making a bad noise going to the amp. so I figure its the deck. I like pioneer, but this is the 3rd time I seen this issue on SMD, and on my on deck first hand. I think its a bad solder connection to chassis ground on the RCA out, or a lose connection on the RCA + If you get a small wire, and ground the shielding of the RCA, the noise will almost totally go away, but its still there

New deck, or have someone look at it

how much would that cost? also i told a friend of mine that im looking at a jensen indash dvd player and he says dont do it cuz the sub outputs arent as good as the pioneers that they put out less any truth to this?

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Under Reconstruction)

I've seen the same problem recently with 2 pioneer flip outs. Just shitty interconnect grounds like bumpin said.. I also have been loyal to pioneer in the past, but I have recently switched to alpine, no problems there.

now alpine ive been hearing alot about lately a bit expencive since im going in dash now or at least hope to. B) the only problem is that i need a player within one week but am flat broke. grrrr

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

(Under Reconstruction)

to ground the rca's is almost nothing. try grounding your head unit to bare metal (assuming you have it grounded into the harness). before that though, take a piece of wire, put it on the outer part of the sub rca coming off the head unit, and touch the wire to the case on the cd player. see if that goes away.

i used to have this problem, i upgraded my rca's. then i got a new head unit (pioneer flip out (what a coincidence huh pat?)) and i still had it. so i took my old ground loop isolator out, and the sub sounds better now. i got rid of the noise in the sub, but i still have the white noise in the speakers. im going to have to find a way to solve that. idk if grounding the rca's will help or not with speakers and not subs. i would think so.

let us know how it turns out.

duck.jpgSMDsigbannr9.jpg

to ground the rca's is almost nothing. try grounding your head unit to bare metal (assuming you have it grounded into the harness). before that though, take a piece of wire, put it on the outer part of the sub rca coming off the head unit, and touch the wire to the case on the cd player. see if that goes away.

i used to have this problem, i upgraded my rca's. then i got a new head unit (pioneer flip out (what a coincidence huh pat?)) and i still had it. so i took my old ground loop isolator out, and the sub sounds better now. i got rid of the noise in the sub, but i still have the white noise in the speakers. im going to have to find a way to solve that. idk if grounding the rca's will help or not with speakers and not subs. i would think so.

actually its funny you mention grounding the rca's because the rca's i have right now have a little ground wire incorporated in them. im not the first owner of these and both me and the previous owners have never used the ground wire and they worked fine, in the meantime im gonna print out the post this post that i replyed to and see if that works.

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

(Under Reconstruction)

Crazy - I wonder if pioneer changed their chassis or RCA ground setup the past year or so... Maybe somebody should shoot them a message and see if it's a known problem..

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

as far as i know, every pioneer ive heard with an amp, has had a noise somewhere except the dd truck at spring break nationals, which had the same flip out as mine.

and mastersound, does that wire run all the way from the front to back with the rca's?

yup it comes out at both ends its a tiny little black wire with a little metal ring at the ends i guess for like a little screw or something

2007 Pontiac G6 on 20's

Current System-

Jensen VM-9312 in-dash

(1) Kicker 1500.1

(2) DD 1500 Series 12's

145.6db- Floorboard

162.9db- Port

(Under Reconstruction)